Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

[STICKY] Reminder about the spoiler policy

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
[STICKY] Reminder about the spoiler policy
Post by Duckk   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:22 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Remember, all discussion topics regarding Uncompromising Honor must be tagged with a spoiler warning.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Re: [Sticky] Reminder about the spoiler policy
Post by ldwechsler   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:38 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Duckk wrote:Remember, all discussion topics regarding Uncompromising Honor must be tagged with a spoiler warning.

Sorry. I am new enough to the forum that I haven't been here when a new book arrived.

Could you add a "Spoiler Warning" to my topic? Or take it off?

Thanks

LW
Re: [Sticky] Reminder about the spoiler policy
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:10 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

ldwechsler wrote:
Duckk wrote:Remember, all discussion topics regarding Uncompromising Honor must be tagged with a spoiler warning.

Sorry. I am new enough to the forum that I haven't been here when a new book arrived.

Could you add a "Spoiler Warning" to my topic? Or take it off?

Thanks

LW

If I were in a position to Encourage or Discourage maybe I would - But You will never know - Which as Should Be

Nimitz
Re: [STICKY] Reminder about the spoiler policy
Post by AClone   » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:27 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

I especially like the ones that include a spoiler IN THE THREAD TITLE! I mean, seriously. Just because you've read the e-book doesn't mean that everyone else isn't waiting for the dead tree version.
Post by cthia   » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:11 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I really hate referring to books as the dead tree version. Sounds so blase about the damage we do to our ecosystem. OTOH, perhaps it is perfect because of that reason, it offends, thus encourages discourse, thought and or reflection, with or without ones self.

I like the petrified version. Poor tree was shaking in its boots at the frightening sound of a chainsaw.

Q:
How Many Trees Does It Take to Make a Textbook?

A:
Quick Answer
The number of trees required depends on several factors, including the type of paper and the sizes of the tree and book. To estimate, an average tree provides approximately 8,333 sheets of copy-type paper. Using this formula, one tree can provide 16.6 copies of a 1,000-page book.

It is estimated that to publish all the printed books sold in the US annually requires 30 million trees. Over 160 publishers, representing 40% of the market share, have developed environmental policies or signed agreements related to responsible paper use. The growing prevalence of eBooks is also greatly reducing the use of trees.

Almost forgot I had a question. . .

When is the ban on spoilers lifted? When do the spoilers spoil? When is it open season on the book?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Vince   » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:I really hate referring to books as the dead tree version. Sounds so blase about the damage we do to our ecosystem. OTOH, perhaps it is perfect because of that reason, it offends, thus encourages discourse, thought and or reflection, with or without ones self.

I like the petrified version. Poor tree was shaking in its boots at the frightening sound of a chainsaw.

Q:
How Many Trees Does It Take to Make a Textbook?

A:
Quick Answer
The number of trees required depends on several factors, including the type of paper and the sizes of the tree and book. To estimate, an average tree provides approximately 8,333 sheets of copy-type paper. Using this formula, one tree can provide 16.6 copies of a 1,000-page book.

It is estimated that to publish all the printed books sold in the US annually requires 30 million trees. Over 160 publishers, representing 40% of the market share, have developed environmental policies or signed agreements related to responsible paper use. The growing prevalence of eBooks is also greatly reducing the use of trees.

Almost forgot I had a question. . .

When is the ban on spoilers lifted? When do the spoilers spoil? When is it open season on the book?

See the first post in Forum Rules & Information, the Snerks/Spoilers section.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.

Return to Honorverse