Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests

(SPOILERS) Uncomprisingly good

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: (SPOILERS) Uncomprisingly good
Post by Frankjg   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:11 pm

Frankjg
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

TangoLima wrote:If AH survived maybe he will be the next first space lord.

I so agree
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:23 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Frankjg wrote:

I so agree

Allen needs Silesian therapy, while Sarnow needs to return to Manticore. Sarnow's experience has been more focused on integrating systems than anyone in the RMN besides Mike Henke. She is too junior for First Space Lord. So, Mike gets seasoned as station commander in Talbot, Khumalo gets Vice Chief of the Joint Chiefs of the Grande Alliance and Sarnaow gets First Space Lord. Alice Truman gets Home Fleet.

Honor returns to Saganami Island to recharge. That's her perfect day-job. One suspects she will consult and spend time guest-lecturing at the Haven Naval Academy. That way she visits her friend Eloise upon occaison. She will also be instrumental in creating the foundations of the combined federal navy of the Imperial Alliance (actual name pending next arc).

Hamish remains First Lord of the Admiralty as he trains his successor. Eventually Hamish and Honor tag team at Saganami Island so they can complete the Imperial Naval Academy at Hypatia/Cachalot. That allows the Core world members of the future empire some influence over newly trained naval officers as well as the empire recognizing their new members in significant ways.
Post by munroburton   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:52 pm

munroburton
Admiral

Remember that First Space Lord - and most station/fleet level commands for that matter - during peacetime is a revolving door. It looks like the RMN tried to rotate FSLs every four years or so.

After a ~20 year time jump, up to five officers could have rotated through each position. The situation is of course further complicated by potential assignments to foreign navies.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:57 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

munroburton wrote:Remember that First Space Lord - and most station/fleet level commands for that matter - during peacetime is a revolving door. It looks like the RMN tried to rotate FSLs every four years or so.

After a ~20 year time jump, up to five officers could have rotated through each position. The situation is of course further complicated by potential assignments to foreign navies.

He can be assigned to whichever post in whichever navy he wants so long as he comes home to me at the end of it.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:03 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
munroburton wrote:Remember that First Space Lord - and most station/fleet level commands for that matter - during peacetime is a revolving door. It looks like the RMN tried to rotate FSLs every four years or so.

He can be assigned to whichever post in whichever navy he wants so long as he comes home to me at the end of it.

I hear Silesia is quite charming for dependent so, Rose.
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:39 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

I wouldn't dare! God only knows what disaster would come calling on him if he was First Space Lord! :shock:

The mind boggles! :twisted:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:49 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:

I wouldn't dare! God only knows what disaster would come calling on him if he was First Space Lord! :shock:

The mind boggles! :twisted:

That's why he SHOULD be First Space Lord at the time of the new story arc.
Post by drothgery   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:05 am

drothgery
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:That's why he SHOULD be First Space Lord at the time of the new story arc.

I'd say he could be finishing his term at the end of the first book of the new arc, but rose knows what that got Jim Webster ...
Post by n7axw   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:07 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Give poor AH a break... he doesn't need any more disaster and the RMN doesn't need any more bad luck. Short of retirement, I don't really see how the latter is avoided. He is an honorable man and a fine officer, but he does seem to be jinxed. :mrgreen:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:14 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:Give poor AH a break... he doesn't need any more disaster and the RMN doesn't need any more bad luck. Short of retirement, I don't really see how the latter is avoided. He is an honorable man and a fine officer, but he does seem to be jinxed. :mrgreen:

Don

-

Wasn't his nickname Joe Buckley?

Return to Honorverse