Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Theemile and 135 guests

SPOILER Uncompromising Honor spoiler thread

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
SPOILER Uncompromising Honor spoiler thread
Post by clancy688   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:15 am

clancy688
Captain of the List

Yeah, just to make sure the other threads stay clean.

Looks like this is going to be a trilogy?

HONOR KEEPS HER PROMISE

The Solarian League—for hundreds of years they have borne the banner of human civilization. But the bureaucratic Mandarins who rule today's League are corrupt and looking for scapegoats. They've decided the upstart Star Kingdom of Manticore must be annihilated.

UNCOMPROMISING COURAGE

Honor Harrington has worn the Star Kingdom's uniform for half a century. Very few know war the way Honor Harrington does. So far, hers has been a voice of caution. But now the Mandarins have committed atrocities such as the galaxy has not known in a thousand years. They have finally killed too many of the people Honor Harrington loves.

UNCOMPROMISING VENGEANCE

Now Honor Harrington is coming for the Solarian League. And Hell is riding in her wake.

Uncompromising Honor - SL does bad things
Uncompromising Courage - SL did bad things
Uncompromising Vengeance - SL pays the price

Haven't read the book yet (obviously :D) but this makes me think that snippet #2 is right from the end of the book.
Re: SPOILER Uncompromising Honor spoiler thread
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The wormhole minefield made from Solarian grasers is going to be a nasty surprise for any Solly ship that happens to get a taste of it. It will be ironic as hell to be blown into orbital debris by your own guns.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:40 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

With a spook somewhere on Manticore, is it possible the MAlign already knows about, or will at least find out about, the existence of Bolthole?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Star Knight   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:48 am

Star Knight
Commodore

Why was Bolthole never used as a staging point for an offensive against the Manticoran Alliance or even Silesia during the First War before it became the actual Bolthole?

Very nice to finally get an answer as to where its located though. Didnt expect that.
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:04 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Star Knight wrote:Why was Bolthole never used as a staging point for an offensive against the Manticoran Alliance or even Silesia during the First War before it became the actual Bolthole?

Very nice to finally get an answer as to where its located though. Didnt expect that.

As I recall, location. In a nutshell, it was still too far away to be effective. It's in one of the old snippets from UH, if IIRC.

Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:09 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It's found in the snippet where Refuge was first introduced to us.

Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:14 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Found within here I think.

Nope, false alarm, But I'm getting warm.

Here's the explanation!

Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:26 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Post by clancy688   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:32 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

Holy fuck. The Harrington-genom is a misplaced Malign Alpha-line. :shock:

Who else thought that the guys surviving at the end was cheesy to the max? :?

Other than that, nice conclusion. :D
Post by phillies   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:37 pm

phillies
Admiral

A brilliant series closer by the world's greatest science fiction writer.

Return to Honorverse