Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 52 guests

Uncompromising honor earc

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Uncompromising honor earc
Post by templehawk   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:40 am

templehawk
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Re: Uncompromising honor earc
Post by clancy688   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:49 am

clancy688
Captain of the List

Got it! :D

Sadly I'm going to watch a football match with a friend now... Can only start reading i four hours. Meh. xD

Edit: The first pages make it look to me as if there'll be two more books coming.. Uncompromising Courage and Uncompromising Vengeance. Interesting, is that known information?
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

clancy688 wrote:Got it! :D

Sadly I'm going to watch a football match with a friend now... Can only start reading i four hours. Meh. xD

Edit: The first pages make it look to me as if there'll be two more books coming.. Uncompromising Courage and Uncompromising Vengeance. Interesting, is that known information?

It is now.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:09 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hair down to her waist. Honor in Grayson attire must be gorgeous. I have several friends and a couple of sisters that can play the role of Honor in Grayson attire, if long luxurious waist length hair is all that's needed. My niece is quickly getting there too. LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Star Knight   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:17 am

Star Knight
Commodore

clancy688 wrote:Edit: The first pages make it look to me as if there'll be two more books coming.. Uncompromising Courage and Uncompromising Vengeance. Interesting, is that known information?

Doesnt look like that at all.
Post by clancy688   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 am

clancy688
Captain of the List

Star Knight wrote:
clancy688 wrote:Edit: The first pages make it look to me as if there'll be two more books coming.. Uncompromising Courage and Uncompromising Vengeance. Interesting, is that known information?

Doesnt look like that at all.

What does this indicate to you then?

HONOR KEEPS HER PROMISE

The Solarian League—for hundreds of years they have borne the banner of human civilization. But the bureaucratic Mandarins who rule today's League are corrupt and looking for scapegoats. They've decided the upstart Star Kingdom of Manticore must be annihilated.

UNCOMPROMISING COURAGE

Honor Harrington has worn the Star Kingdom's uniform for half a century. Very few know war the way Honor Harrington does. So far, hers has been a voice of caution. But now the Mandarins have committed atrocities such as the galaxy has not known in a thousand years. They have finally killed too many of the people Honor Harrington loves.

UNCOMPROMISING VENGEANCE

Now Honor Harrington is coming for the Solarian League. And Hell is riding in her wake.

Doesn't read like a summary of only Uncompromising Honor to me. ^^
Post by Star Knight   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:43 am

Star Knight
Commodore

Reads exactly like a summary to me.
We'll see. Ask me again tomorrow. ;)
Post by clancy688   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:55 am

clancy688
Captain of the List

Okay. ^^
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:01 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Haven't gotten the eARC but that sounds like two themes of "Uncompromising Honor".

clancy688 wrote:
Star Knight wrote:Doesnt look like that at all.

What does this indicate to you then?

HONOR KEEPS HER PROMISE

The Solarian League—for hundreds of years they have borne the banner of human civilization. But the bureaucratic Mandarins who rule today's League are corrupt and looking for scapegoats. They've decided the upstart Star Kingdom of Manticore must be annihilated.

UNCOMPROMISING COURAGE

Honor Harrington has worn the Star Kingdom's uniform for half a century. Very few know war the way Honor Harrington does. So far, hers has been a voice of caution. But now the Mandarins have committed atrocities such as the galaxy has not known in a thousand years. They have finally killed too many of the people Honor Harrington loves.

UNCOMPROMISING VENGEANCE

Now Honor Harrington is coming for the Solarian League. And Hell is riding in her wake.

Doesn't read like a summary of only Uncompromising Honor to me. ^^
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:37 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Considering UH blurb, if it doesn't all go down within UH, then Baen is guilty of false advertising... again.

Return to Honorverse