Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests

Anybody else checking Baen.com ever half hour or so tonight?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Anybody else checking Baen.com ever half hour or so toni
Post by Eagleeye   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:40 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

IT'S ONLINE NOW!!!
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:47 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Direwolf18 wrote:Cthia, you got me at like 4 AM (been checking since 3:30) its now 7:30. Not logged into forums on my phone so I could not tell you then...

There is a special circle of hell for you for what you pulled...

Also I hope this doesn't turn into another someone at Baen forgets to hit a button until like 7 PM. Its happened before, shadow of freedom or call to vengeance can't remember which one at this point. Once I pick this book up I will NOT be stopping until its done.

Thanks for letting me know my April Fool's joke worked on someone.

Saying I'm evil and giving a warning about a circle of hell... just a tad too severe for a simple April Fool's joke on April 1, isn't it guys? Especially since I really couldn't resist it. :D

What put me in the mood to pull it off is the catchy song apparently still in my head we used to sing as little snotty nosed kids...

April Fool there's no school you believe it you're a tool.

Kids will be kids. There's still a little kid in me.

I do wish it would hit for you guys. Seem I was on the money about not before 9A.M.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:52 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:IT'S ONLINE NOW!!!

Between 7 and 9 EST when someone got to work, just as I guessed. Human nature is so predictable.

What's that sound? The relief of pinecones passing?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:41 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Happy Easter, everybody!!! The Lord is risen and I had the joy of proclaiming it! :D

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:04 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:Happy Easter, everybody!!! The Lord is risen and I had the joy of proclaiming it! :D

Don

-

Thanks Don, for reminding us of the reason for the season.

I suppose you'll sponsor the traditional Easter egg hunt for the kids tomorrow?

Happy Easter to you as well. Happy Easter to everyone.

Post by EdThomas   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:50 pm

EdThomas
Captain of the List

Maybe you folks can make my world better. I've been trying to get to Baen since 9ish this morning to purchase the earc. I get this message "This page isn’t working
www.baen.com didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE "
everytime. I'm accessing the site the same way I've always done. I feel like I've missed some secret code somewhere ;)
The site's up cuz I can get to the Bar. I tried to sneak in through the Bar but got same response. AAAARRRRRGGGHHH.

Any/all help appreciated.
Post by Fireflair   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

I too checked for a few hours before going to sleep in the early morning for the day. Picked it up as soon as I got up tonight and I'm a third of the way through it now!
Post by ywing14   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:41 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

It's especially hard on us folks who live on the other side of the international date line.

Return to Honorverse