Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

And another out of order snippet while I'm thinking about it

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: And another out of order snippet while I'm thinking abou
Post by schoeffelk   » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:24 pm

schoeffelk
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Honor has been looking over that edge of emptiness,loss so often that she seems detached at times. Her life is one tragedy after tragedy. Pavel, Basilisk, Paul, Raul, herself and Nimitz, it goes on and on. She just wants this to end. She doesn't want to do this but know she has to. That's who she is and no one will stop her. Not Elizabeth, Benjamin, Hamish, or her parents.

Don't concern your self with her emotions coming into play. She has always played by the rules. Think of how any surviving victim feels towards their attacker? Especially if it was a sneak or unlawful attack. When she is in battle she is and will be focused on that goal alone. That's why she's called the Salamander.
Post by Fox2!   » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:31 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

Lunan wrote:
Im also getting an Ivanava "I am death, god sent me" feeling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaSmassvv4w

Attributed to J. Robert Oppenheimer, after the Trinity Event wrote:
I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

Krishna, in the Bhagavad-Gita
Post by Frankjg   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:01 am

Frankjg
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Someone is about to get a beat down the likes we haven't seen before. Have we ever seen Honor this pissed.
Post by pappilon   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:14 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Frankjg wrote:Someone is about to get a beat down the likes we haven't seen before. Have we ever seen Honor this pissed.

Yes, we have. At Blackbird when she found what the Masadans did to the female POWs. HotQ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:42 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

pappilon wrote:
Frankjg wrote:Someone is about to get a beat down the likes we haven't seen before. Have we ever seen Honor this pissed.

Yes, we have. At Blackbird when she found what the Masadans did to the female POWs. HotQ

And she had to be restrained then. Who's going to restrain her now? The Salamander is about to be let loose out of the raging rapids.

The Mandarins have been shooting dice for a long time. They're about to crap out now -- cold snake eyes with leveled missile batteries.

The nuclear reactor at her core bears the same grade of plutonium as her father's, and its about to go critical.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:59 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I sure hope she's taking a Dream Team with her like some of her old crew. She was always allowed to request special crew consideration from BuPers. The Charles Ward featuring Ginger Lewis, would be nice. I'd sure like to see Ginger get some get back. There are probably volunteers galore for a landing party...

More like an assault party on 'roids.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Dauntless   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

I highly doubt she will pull ships from the quadrant when she has most of Grand fleet right in the manticore system.

even assuming she doesn't take the haventites along given that they sent a lot of ships to help michelle, though I seem to recall most of them being below the wall, eighth fleet alone can take anything the sollies put in her way.
Post by ldwechsler   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:13 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Dauntless wrote:I highly doubt she will pull ships from the quadrant when she has most of Grand fleet right in the manticore system.

even assuming she doesn't take the haventites along given that they sent a lot of ships to help michelle, though I seem to recall most of them being below the wall, eighth fleet alone can take anything the sollies put in her way.

The real issue may be WHERE she is heading. If she goes to Terra, that is one thing. However, going on raids to a lot of places to first clip the Mandarins' wings would be even more useful.

But it would be fun to see the Mandarins desperately doing tap dances to cast blame on everyone else.
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:20 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dauntless wrote:I highly doubt she will pull ships from the quadrant when she has most of Grand fleet right in the manticore system.

True. But then, she has to leave someone home minding the store while she's gone. If the Malign gets a timely enuff sniff of this mission upwind, they could attempt to hit the home system again. Perhaps not with Malign ships, but with puppets on a Solly string.

This quote by Honor made me think of a counter punch...

“I have to get back to the ship. We’ve got a lot to do, and I don’t want to lose the time window.”

Time window?

Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:

The real issue may be WHERE she is heading. If she goes to Terra, that is one thing. However, going on raids to a lot of places to first clip the Mandarins' wings would be even more useful.

But it would be fun to see the Mandarins desperately doing tap dances to cast blame on everyone else.

I simply can't see the Salamander wasting her time on raids. Unless it is to test the new systems coming out of Bolthole. Oh goody! Or, goodies! :D

Return to Honorverse