Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

And another out of order snippet while I'm thinking about it

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: And another out of order snippet while I'm thinking abou
Post by pappilon   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:07 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Dauntless wrote:I highly doubt she will pull ships from the quadrant when she has most of Grand fleet right in the manticore system.

even assuming she doesn't take the haventites along given that they sent a lot of ships to help michelle, though I seem to recall most of them being below the wall, eighth fleet alone can take anything the sollies put in her way.

ldwechsler wrote:The real issue may be WHERE she is heading. If she goes to Terra, that is one thing. However, going on raids to a lot of places to first clip the Mandarins' wings would be even more useful.

But it would be fun to see the Mandarins desperately doing tap dances to cast blame on everyone else.

cthia wrote:I simply can't see the Salamander wasting her time on raids. Unless it is to test the new systems coming out of Bolthole. Oh goody! Or, goodies! :D

May not be "a waste" To infer the BAB5 Commander Ivanova Quote, "I am your worst nightmare." Plot a course to earth through several sectors, kill all but one ship and send it to earth with one simple message: "Hell's coming to Frogtown." Its more strategy than strict tactics. heck she can even give them her ETA to make sure they are ready for her.

We don't know about the new construction that escaped OB and has been working up at Trevor's Star, or which personnel are there also working up. But I'm sure there will be some old familiar faces
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:15 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Shouldn't Raoul be out of the nursery by now? He seems to be rather young still.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by BrightSoul   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:41 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:Shouldn't Raoul be out of the nursery by now? He seems to be rather young still.

Depends on what the nursery age would be. He's about a year and half at most. born around April-May 1921 and it will be around late 1922.
Post by TangoLima   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:58 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

What if ...

Emily and Hamish were on Beowulf pursuing a new therapy
for Emily at Johns Hopkins. wrong place wrong time.
Post by ldwechsler   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:22 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

TangoLima wrote:What if ...

There is no official time to take a kid out of a nursery. And we don't know the date this happened anyway.

The boy is talking pretty well.

And it is possible he is in the nursery because his sister is still there. Easier to take care of two kids in one place.
Post by pappilon   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:41 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:
TangoLima wrote:What if ...

There is no official time to take a kid out of a nursery. And we don't know the date this happened anyway.

The boy is talking pretty well.

And it is possible he is in the nursery because his sister is still there. Easier to take care of two kids in one place.

Ok, so if it is just a routine trip, why is he leaving Samantha behind on Manticore?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Dauntless   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:18 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

i don't see Samantha mentioned at all beyond her possibly being lumped into the "white Haven treecats"

Nimitiz is mentioned as grieving, probably just for uncle Jacques but it could also be for Samantha and Hamish & Emily.
Post by ldwechsler   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:52 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Dauntless wrote:i don't see Samantha mentioned at all beyond her possibly being lumped into the "white Haven treecats"

Nimitiz is mentioned as grieving, probably just for uncle Jacques but it could also be for Samantha and Hamish & Emily.

How did Hamish and Emily get into this mix? Jacques was mentioned. Somehow I think Nimitz would be far more in mourning for Samantha than for the others.

Hey, we'll find out about all of this on Sunday.
Post by Dauntless   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:01 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

others have pointed out that Roul and Katherine are being left at Harington House with their grand parents, NOT White Haven and their parents. even if Honor if off to kick solly butt Hamish and Emily should be at home and able to look after the kids with the human and treecat Nannies.

As they are not then it is not an unreasonable surmise that something has happened to them

it is a very intresting point that really does make wonder exactly where they are.
Post by Lunan   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:02 am

Lunan
Captain of the List

The how is me. I see Raoul and Katherine being left with Allison and Alfred and no mention of the other parents (Hamish and Emily) and we are the Incarnation of the War Goddess version of Honor. So I wondered if something happened not only to Joquaes but also to Lord and Lady White Haven. Especially since they are in Harrington house. I think we are not being told the full story of loss here.

ldwechsler wrote:
Dauntless wrote:i don't see Samantha mentioned at all beyond her possibly being lumped into the "white Haven treecats"

How did Hamish and Emily get into this mix? Jacques was mentioned. Somehow I think Nimitz would be far more in mourning for Samantha than for the others.

Hey, we'll find out about all of this on Sunday.

Return to Honorverse