Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Joat42 and 46 guests

New Uncompromising snippet #1

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: New Uncompromising snippet #1
Post by drothgery   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:37 pm

drothgery
Admiral

kzt wrote:They know perfectly well what he is up to. It's been discussed by them on-screen.

Well, they have a general idea of what he's up to. Unless Rozsack, Barregos, or another member of their inner circle is an Alignment plant (and I'm sure we've seen enough of Rozsack's thoughts, and probably enough of Barregos' to be pretty sure they're not), then they don't know details.
Post by HungryKing   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:13 pm

HungryKing
Captain (Junior Grade)

The Alignment probably has a very good idea of the conceptual basis of the sepoy option. They have spent centuries modelling how such things can be accomplished, and have been quietly helping matters along in various places. There are, we have been told, literally dozens of OFS commissioners and governors, and FF commodores and admirals, that are at least willing to revolt if they think they can. Maya seems to be the furthest along, though it should be noted that the even there they are barely passed the conceptual agreement of the most key actors at this points. They also know that Erewhon has supplied Maya with some form of modern missiles, and some type of modern warship, and therefore know that they will probably have some form of array, after all, the plans involving Monica showed how easy such things are to set up, assuming you can supply control channels, which is one thing modern designs have in relative abundance.
Additionally, it seem plausible that the Alignment knows everything Cassetti knew, given the extent of his ambitions, he was almost certainly a member of a different conspiracy, which was intent on co-opting the Maya sector, which was probably being run by Mannerheim or another factor world if not the alignment itself.
Post by ldwechsler   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:18 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

drothgery wrote:
kzt wrote:They know perfectly well what he is up to. It's been discussed by them on-screen.

Well, they have a general idea of what he's up to. Unless Rozsack, Barregos, or another member of their inner circle is an Alignment plant (and I'm sure we've seen enough of Rozsack's thoughts, and probably enough of Barregos' to be pretty sure they're not), then they don't know details.

The key question is whether the second picture is of Givens or not. If it is another picture of that first guy then Barregos has
an easy answer: We knew he was a fake but not who did it. We thought it might be you but we have been hearing about people who claim they work for you or for Manticore. Our goals remain the same as always.

On top of that Maya has a good size navy and there are a lot more places where there are bigger problems.
Post by Bill Woods   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:41 pm

Bill Woods
Captain of the List

filbert wrote:I want this e-arc more than I want my next breath.

Not the breath after that one, you understand, but this one here . . .

. . .

. . .

That one.
Mmm. Respectfully, to quote Ron Weasley,
“[You] need[] to sort out [your] priorities.”
----
Imagined conversation:
Admiral [noting yet another Manty tech surprise]:
XO, what's the budget for the ONI?
Vice Admiral: I don't recall exactly, sir. Several billion quatloos.
Admiral: ... What do you suppose they did with all that money?
Post by n7axw   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:11 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I think that what they got pictures of were those MAlign agents posing as Manty representatives. Once Givens showed up and popped that bubble, it became apparent that there had been some biosculpt with one of the agents taking on Winton like features.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by pappilon   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:26 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

n7axw wrote:I think that what they got pictures of were those MAlign agents posing as Manty representatives. Once Givens showed up and popped that bubble, it became apparent that there had been some biosculpt with one of the agents taking on Winton like features.

Don

-

Unfortunately, the snippet vignette ended before we were given any definitive information of the second report. For all we know it merely corroborates the first report, or has no photo documentation. Not saying you're wrong, its just a bit of a jump for me, considering the actual text.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:36 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

I love this snippet! Thank you so much! :D *sets timer to count down til april 1st*
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:53 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

At the risk of sounding too demanding, runsforcelery, can you tell us the length of UH? How many words/chapters?

If it's classified, bear in mind I am a Fleet Admiral. :roll: :D :mrgreen:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Eagleeye   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:01 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

cthia wrote:At the risk of sounding too demanding, runsforcelery, can you tell us the length of UH? How many words/chapters?

If it's classified, bear in mind I am a Fleet Admiral. :roll: :D :mrgreen:

It's not classified. In fact, if memory serves, RFC himself said during his 1st snippeting period of UH that the book is around 300.000 words long. Amazon equals that to 768 pages ... so, I think it's safe to assume that the book has around 70 to 80 chapters (if he follows the example he had set in Shadow of Victory).
Post by Annachie   » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:46 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

It really is very simple.

The MAlign want the SL to break up. Well shatter.

Beowolf suceedes, the SLN send a hammer. (That presumably gets smashed but not before bombing the planet somehow.

Maya suceeds (before they are ready?) SLN sends a hammer which gets smashed. (The MAlign want Maya to go it alone, but not be too strong)

Next one of the MAlign systems goes. Smashes the SLN response.

By that time all hell is breaking loose.

Only real change is that now instead of Manticore and Haven being wrecked, they are political entities that the MAlign want to execute the PLAN before Manticore/Haven become political giants.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Honorverse