Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tlb and 12 guests

New Uncompromising snippet #1

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: New Uncompromising snippet #1
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:15 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Would everyone be aware of High Ridge's incarceration?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:35 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It was brilliant the way the Mayans fortified themselves politically with the clout of the transstellars and set the oncoming juggernaut up, with the only way for them to continue business as usual was to bite their own tail. It is an impressive case of criminal profiling, knowing thy enemy. The Mayans used the gorilla's ways to attract and control him on their own terms. It reminds me somewhat of the symbiosis between Japan and King Kong. It works well as long as one doesn't mind the hidden costs of broken infrastructure and payoffs.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:54 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

“Maybe it is, but we’ve got to get off the centicredit, Zhing-hwan. After what happened to Eleventh Fleet, I don’t even want to think about what these people’s next production’s going to be like!”

Be careful, or the production will be headed to a theater near you! And the Salamander will be the playwright!! I hear that playwright always gives the biggest bang for the buck. LOL

Post by pappilon   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:03 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:Would everyone be aware of High Ridge's incarceration?

Irrelevant, that the photo is of High ridge is the intel background for the photo. the guy all the way in the back is the person of interest.

Oraville's mystery guest is not purported to be High Ridge, he is purported to be the guy in the back of the photo (who could have been photo shopped into the photo hours before this emergency meeting)talking to the Commodore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Frankjg   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:07 am

Frankjg
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

You would figure they would know High ridge is in prison. But their intelligence is so far out of touch as we have seen so far. Very easy to plant false intelligence because of how easy it is and has been.
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:08 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

pappilon wrote:

Irrelevant, that the photo is of High ridge is the intel background for the photo. the guy all the way in the back is the person of interest.

Oraville's mystery guest is not purported to be High Ridge, he is purported to be the guy in the back of the photo (who could have been photo shopped into the photo hours before this emergency meeting)talking to the Commodore.

Not irrelevant if one wants a "doctored" photo to seem authentic. Which is my point.

Post by pappilon   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:19 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:
Not irrelevant if one wants a "doctored" photo to seem authentic. Which is my point.

Mine too, we agree it is the doctored photo that is relevant here. The pic could have been Janacek meeting with cronies as well ... to lend authenticity. That it was High Ridge was sheer opportunity, probably the first suitable image found.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by Eagleeye   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:33 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

pappilon wrote:Irrelevant, that the photo is of High ridge is the intel background for the photo. the guy all the way in the back is the person of interest.

cthia wrote:Not irrelevant if one wants a "doctored" photo to seem authentic. Which is my point.

I wonder, if they got a picture with Pat Givens in it, too - and if anyone at Frontier Security HQ would be able to identify her. Barregos and Rozsak, at least, didn't have any difficulties as she came calling, even wearing civilian clothes. But both of them care for their neighborhood and the people in it. Frontier Security-HQ, on the other hand ... I'm not so sure.

And I would like to know, what kind of alarm-bells would start to ring around McArtneys office, if they could identify Givens in Smoking Frog.
Post by pappilon   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:38 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:

pappilon wrote:Irrelevant, that the photo is of High ridge is the intel background for the photo. the guy all the way in the back is the person of interest.

cthia wrote:Not irrelevant if one wants a "doctored" photo to seem authentic. Which is my point.

I wonder, if they got a picture with Pat Givens in it, too - and if anyone at Frontier Security HQ would be able to identify her. Barregos and Rozsak, at least, didn't have any difficulties as she came calling, even wearing civilian clothes. But both of them care for their neighborhood and the people in it. Frontier Security-HQ, on the other hand ... I'm not so sure.

And I would like to know, what kind of alarm-bells would start to ring around McArtneys office, if they could identify Givens in Smoking Frog.

Yes, that would be the coup. And we are being led to believe that this guy is a MAlign agent (probably bribed) feeding theMandarins info they created. If they somehow found out that Pat Givens also visited Barregos you know the person in the photos would have been Pat Givens, not the person we readers know is a big fat phony.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by isaac_newton   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:38 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

What a great way to start the day! :)

Good to see RFC back and in good health [I do hope!]

Return to Honorverse