Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Manticore Ascendant

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Manticore Ascendant
Post by Roguevictory   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:52 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

I hope so. I'll always have a soft spot for frigates in their various forms but I know that barring a miracle they'll never play a big role in the main era (Though I still hope for detailed specs for the Lightnings, Gryfs or at least the John Browns and Nat Turners some day)

Still the more books set before frigates become outdated relics the happier I am. (I'm still hoping book three gives us specs for the Victory class frigates though)
Post by Theemile   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Roguevictory wrote:I hope so. I'll always have a soft spot for frigates in their various forms but I know that barring a miracle they'll never play a big role in the main era (Though I still hope for detailed specs for the Lightnings, Gryfs or at least the John Browns and Nat Turners some day)

Still the more books set before frigates become outdated relics the happier I am. (I'm still hoping book three gives us specs for the Victory class frigates though)

I've got the Gryf Specs- it's the only Frigate spec we have.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Roguevictory   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Cool. All I remember about their specs is the Saganami Island Tactical Simulator game mentioning their lasers were often treated as heavy point defense lasers rather then offensive weapons
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

Roguevictory wrote:I hope so. I'll always have a soft spot for frigates in their various forms but I know that barring a miracle they'll never play a big role in the main era (Though I still hope for detailed specs for the Lightnings, Gryfs or at least the John Browns and Nat Turners some day)

While it is always dangerous to make assumptions, I thought the Lightning would be made with the same equipment as the Falcon, and the Apollo. They were all made by Hauptmann, at the same time; wouldn't they have used as much equipment in common as possible? They'd have to swap some of the armament for endurance, especially given that the ships are lighter, but wouldn't the lasers and missile would be the same?

FWIW. Hawkwing was a Falcon (Let's Dance, HAE)/
Falcon: 70,500Kt; 523.6g; 1851-1916; Main:3M, 4L, 3CM, 4PD; Chase: 1M, 2L, 2CM, 2PD//

I never bought the SI sim game, so I don't have any specs on any of them.

Rob
Post by Roguevictory   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Armed Neo-Bob wrote:

While it is always dangerous to make assumptions, I thought the Lightning would be made with the same equipment as the Falcon, and the Apollo. They were all made by Hauptmann, at the same time; wouldn't they have used as much equipment in common as possible? They'd have to swap some of the armament for endurance, especially given that the ships are lighter, but wouldn't the lasers and missile would be the same?

FWIW. Hawkwing was a Falcon (Let's Dance, HAE)/
Falcon: 70,500Kt; 523.6g; 1851-1916; Main:3M, 4L, 3CM, 4PD; Chase: 1M, 2L, 2CM, 2PD//

I never bought the SI sim game, so I don't have any specs on any of them.

Rob

Maybe. The big issue would be we have no idea how much firepower would be given up for increased endurance. And in the case of energy weapons they could have fewer guns of equal power, an equal number of less powerful guns or somewhere in between. Missile tubes are more a matter of how many they have but again any numbers we came up with would be a blind guess.

I haven't played the game since dad died six years ago so I only remember bits and pieces from it.

Return to Honorverse