Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests

BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by Theemile   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:00 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3582
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: All over the Place - Now Serving Troy, Mi

ldwechsler wrote:
We do know certain facts:

1. The largest number of ships that could go through at one time was 17 and that would shut the wormhole off for two days.

<snip>


Remember, the 17 number was for Manticorian SDs, while the Sollie SDs were actually Large DNs. The Sollies could have pushed through ~20 in each push.... Which really only matters in defining the size and mass of the debris cloud.
******
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Top
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:05 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1861
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Theemile wrote:
ldwechsler wrote:
We do know certain facts:

1. The largest number of ships that could go through at one time was 17 and that would shut the wormhole off for two days.

<snip>


Remember, the 17 number was for Manticorian SDs, while the Sollie SDs were actually Large DNs. The Sollies could have pushed through ~20 in each push.... Which really only matters in defining the size and mass of the debris cloud.

Manti SD are about 8MT each, so 17 is 136 MT at one go. Solly SD were about 6MT each, so 22 at one time, and the link is shut down for 2 days. how long do 22 Solly SDs last against the forts? - Might not even be long enough for the Solly commanders to realize how much trouble they were in.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Top
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by Imaginos1892   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:01 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Theemile wrote:Remember, the 17 number was for Manticorian SDs, while the Sollie SDs were actually Large DNs. The Sollies could have pushed through ~20 in each push

That was for the Manticore — Trevor's Star link. Does the Manticore — Beowulf link have the same limit? Higher? Lower? RFC never told us.

Of course, it still doesn't matter, other than how many ships the ISLN would lose.

cthia wrote:But if the US aided and abetted said country (in the manner that Beowulf aided and abetted) - which would also have to be a serious enemy who is threatening to imminently destroy members of the UN - would constitute a betrayal.

How was Manticore a 'serious enemy' at that time? They had not yet declared war, and had only acted defensively, in their own systems, to multiple acts of war committed against them by the ISLN. Manticore's great crime was frustrating the Mandarins' greed and vanity.

Beowulf's 'big betrayal' was to refuse passage to a war fleet, in peacetime, thereby saving all those obsolete ISLN ships from complete destruction. Then they insisted on exercising their rights under the Solarian Constitution.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!
Top
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by noblehunter   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:19 pm

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Are we trying to avoid spoilers for UH in this thread? 'Cause talking about whether or not Beowulf has something coming for saving the lives of the SLN fleet is kinda hard to do without talking about what happens in UH.
Top
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by cthia   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:07 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 11274
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

noblehunter wrote:Are we trying to avoid spoilers for UH in this thread? 'Cause talking about whether or not Beowulf has something coming for saving the lives of the SLN fleet is kinda hard to do without talking about what happens in UH.

Spoiler season is over. Surf's up!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by cthia   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:37 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 11274
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Theemile wrote:Remember, the 17 number was for Manticorian SDs, while the Sollie SDs were actually Large DNs. The Sollies could have pushed through ~20 in each push

That was for the Manticore — Trevor's Star link. Does the Manticore — Beowulf link have the same limit? Higher? Lower? RFC never told us.

Of course, it still doesn't matter, other than how many ships the ISLN would lose.

cthia wrote:But if the US aided and abetted said country (in the manner that Beowulf aided and abetted) - which would also have to be a serious enemy who is threatening to imminently destroy members of the UN - would constitute a betrayal.

How was Manticore a 'serious enemy' at that time? They had not yet declared war, and had only acted defensively, in their own systems, to multiple acts of war committed against them by the ISLN. Manticore's great crime was frustrating the Mandarins' greed and vanity.

Beowulf's 'big betrayal' was to refuse passage to a war fleet, in peacetime, thereby saving all those obsolete ISLN ships from complete destruction. Then they insisted on exercising their rights under the Solarian Constitution.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!


All true Imaginos, but it all falls on deaf and arrogant Solarian ears. The upstart neobarbs were a serious enemy in the SLN's eyes. They were closing and commandeering junctions, reneging on shipping and costing collateral coffer casualties, sending nasty notes and implied ultimatums and they had a beeline into the heart of the SL. They also seduced the SL's best girl and had her turning tricks. Beowulf was embarrassing to the League's reputation. She couldn't keep her skirt pulled down and her slip was always showing. And she was threatening to cause a domino effect of other whores joining in on the cluster phuck calling it a damn secession.

The SLN didn't know Beowulf saved their lives. I'm willing to bet that even after UH there are still holes remaining in SLN intel.

I'm not buying any tickets claiming Beowulf wanted to save SL lives. If they wanted to save lives they would have insisted the RMN sit on that darn dispatch boat! But nooooooooo!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by Joat42   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Joat42
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1482
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 am
Location: Sweden

Imaginos1892 wrote:
cthia wrote:But if the US aided and abetted said country (in the manner that Beowulf aided and abetted) - which would also have to be a serious enemy who is threatening to imminently destroy members of the UN - would constitute a betrayal.

How was Manticore a 'serious enemy' at that time? They had not yet declared war, and had only acted defensively, in their own systems, to multiple acts of war committed against them by the ISLN. Manticore's great crime was frustrating the Mandarins' greed and vanity.

Beowulf's 'big betrayal' was to refuse passage to a war fleet, in peacetime, thereby saving all those obsolete ISLN ships from complete destruction. Then they insisted on exercising their rights under the Solarian Constitution.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!


cthia wrote:All true Imaginos, but it all falls on deaf and arrogant Solarian ears. The upstart neobarbs were a serious enemy in the SLN's eyes. They were closing and commandeering junctions, reneging on shipping and costing collateral coffer casualties, sending nasty notes and implied ultimatums and they had a beeline into the heart of the SL. They also seduced the SL's best girl and had her turning tricks. Beowulf was embarrassing to the League's reputation. She couldn't keep her skirt pulled down and her slip was always showing. And she was threatening to cause a domino effect of other whores joining in on the cluster phuck calling it a damn secession.

Cthia, your analogies suck - PERIOD. If you want to call SL members that want to legally secede for whores, you aren't even barking up the wrong tree - you are barking in the wrong county. What you are saying is that anyone wanting to leave an asshole of major proportions are whores.

And Beowulf was embarrassing the Leagues reputation? Please, farfetched nonsense, the Leagues reputation was already in the crapper unless you are talking about the lotus eaters and navel-gazers within the League.

It is almost like you are channeling Abruzzi. If you want to argue from your perceived viewpoint of the SL, PLEASE STATE SO UNEQUIVOCALLY, because parsing some of your posts are a chore since it's never clear from which viewpoint you are arguing.

cthia wrote:The SLN didn't know Beowulf saved their lives. I'm willing to bet that even after UH there are still holes remaining in SLN intel.

I'm not buying any tickets claiming Beowulf wanted to save SL lives. If they wanted to save lives they would have insisted the RMN sit on that darn dispatch boat! But nooooooooo!

The GA did flaunt their capabilities in Sol plus Kingsford isn't stupid. When the SLN does some after-action analysis it will show that attacking through the MWHJ would be suicide. There will be no 'feel good analysis and reporting' at the SLN headquarter for generations to come.

And we KNOW from the books that Beowulf wanted to save lives, it's easy for you to argue something from hindsight.

Also, if a woman feels like showing her slip - that's her business and if you feel that that makes her a whore I have a newsflash for you: we live in the 21st century and if a woman want to show any item of her clothing that some deem inappropriate, more power to her because it's no one else's f*cking business. Your choice of analogies and words are insulting, outdated and chauvinistic.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by cthia   » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:11 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 11274
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Imaginos1892 wrote:
cthia wrote:But if the US aided and abetted said country (in the manner that Beowulf aided and abetted) - which would also have to be a serious enemy who is threatening to imminently destroy members of the UN - would constitute a betrayal.

How was Manticore a 'serious enemy' at that time? They had not yet declared war, and had only acted defensively, in their own systems, to multiple acts of war committed against them by the ISLN. Manticore's great crime was frustrating the Mandarins' greed and vanity.

Beowulf's 'big betrayal' was to refuse passage to a war fleet, in peacetime, thereby saving all those obsolete ISLN ships from complete destruction. Then they insisted on exercising their rights under the Solarian Constitution.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!


cthia wrote:All true Imaginos, but it all falls on deaf and arrogant Solarian ears. The upstart neobarbs were a serious enemy in the SLN's eyes. They were closing and commandeering junctions, reneging on shipping and costing collateral coffer casualties, sending nasty notes and implied ultimatums and they had a beeline into the heart of the SL. They also seduced the SL's best girl and had her turning tricks. Beowulf was embarrassing to the League's reputation. She couldn't keep her skirt pulled down and her slip was always showing. And she was threatening to cause a domino effect of other whores joining in on the cluster phuck calling it a damn secession.

Joat42 wrote:Cthia, your analogies suck - PERIOD. If you want to call SL members that want to legally secede for whores, you aren't even barking up the wrong tree - you are barking in the wrong county. What you are saying is that anyone wanting to leave an asshole of major proportions are whores.

And Beowulf was embarrassing the Leagues reputation? Please, farfetched nonsense, the Leagues reputation was already in the crapper unless you are talking about the lotus eaters and navel-gazers within the League.

It is almost like you are channeling Abruzzi. If you want to argue from your perceived viewpoint of the SL, PLEASE STATE SO UNEQUIVOCALLY, because parsing some of your posts are a chore since it's never clear from which viewpoint you are arguing.

I thought I made it clear and did state it UNEQUIVOCABLY way back when, that I am channeling the mindset of all of the Mandarins. I even adopted the third person to make my point. But not just the Mandarins, but officers and citizens as well, because there is so much of the same mindset that went around.

Yes! The Mandarins (and apparently officers as well) thought seceding planets were nothing but whores. Do you think Operation Buccaneer dispels that notion? That operation was simply a bandwagon of pimps sent out to beat the crap out of the whores threatening to leave the stables. Making a pointed example to the rest.

Yes! Beowulf was embarrassing the League. They had the nerve and audacity to call them on their shit in front of the entire galaxy at large with that secession crap, and undisputedly with her underhandedness by sleeping with the enemy. More than that, by example they were leading all of the other horses to the well to drink, in the jaded eyes of the gorilla. Was that not obvious?

cthia wrote:The SLN didn't know Beowulf saved their lives. I'm willing to bet that even after UH there are still holes remaining in SLN intel.

I'm not buying any tickets claiming Beowulf wanted to save SL lives. If they wanted to save lives they would have insisted the RMN sit on that darn dispatch boat! But nooooooooo!

Joat42 wrote:The GA did flaunt their capabilities in Sol plus Kingsford isn't stupid. When the SLN does some after-action analysis it will show that attacking through the MWHJ would be suicide. There will be no 'feel good analysis and reporting' at the SLN headquarter for generations to come.

And we KNOW from the books that Beowulf wanted to save lives, it's easy for you to argue something from hindsight.

Also, if a woman feels like showing her slip - that's her business and if you feel that that makes her a whore I have a newsflash for you: we live in the 21st century and if a woman want to show any item of her clothing that some deem inappropriate, more power to her because it's no one else's f*cking business. Your choice of analogies and words are insulting, outdated and chauvinistic.

Way to argue for women everywhere joat. But I have beaten this horse before. Again and again. A woman wanting to show her slip should be her own business. But when she has a jealous and abusive husband, it isn't! In fact - screw all of that - it's about staying ALIVE!

As far as it being ridiculous, what is it about SL actions that isn't ridiculous? How can I argue their pov and make them look sane? Especially when I'm trying to get you to see that they aren't sane. Not even close. So stop trying to analyze them with sanity.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:17 am

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Do women even wear slips anymore?


https://youtu.be/QYiCP1kxL1E
Top
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by cthia   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:22 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 11274
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Do women even wear slips anymore?


https://youtu.be/QYiCP1kxL1E

From one of my sisters. Yes, but quality slips are hard to find just anywhere. She gets hers from the better stores which are very expensive compared to most places, or you'll end up getting one that lasts all of one washing. Plus she says only the better stores are going to have them in various lengths with splits to match the dress. Certain dresses demand them.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top

Return to Honorverse