Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by Brigade XO   » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:13 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

GAKKK.....

The Solarian League is created and after a while, because of the way the Constitution is written, the administrative bureaucracy starts to accumulate what will become vast power in being able to manipulate and control the interactions of the Members and non-members by regulations. That leads to massive and ongoing corruption. While there are formal leadership positions (President, etc) all of the elective offices are effectivly filed with what are little more than people in figurhead positons and without actual power.

It keeps getting worse and you eventualy get the group known as The Mandarins who are the Permanent Undersecrataries of the major branches of government who control the bureaucracies and the Assembly is not much more than a political theater.

Then you have Dr. Detweiler getting pissed at the leadership of his homeworld, Beowulf, because they have passed the various laws and The Beowulf Code which would preclude him pursuing the believed ultimate uplift of Humanit by genetic manipulation and experiment. Detweiler and his followers leave and settle on Mesa where they thumb their noses (and moon and otherwise obnoxiously act) at Beowulf and proceed to dive into setting up a vast organization based on Detwiler's ideas and cover it up by creating several industries that are essentially genetic slave production and experimental manufacturing companies to sell their "products' of custom modified humans as slaves. That is both to cover what is actualy going on and provide cover for the massive research they are doing.

Detwilers's Alignment ALSO drives down a couple of related paths to 1) ultimaly humiliate Beowulf and 2) place the sucessufll results in the creation of the uplifted superrace into control of humanity. To do this they are playing puppet masters with dam near every system and Star Nation and things like the SL to get everybody both buying into (though they don't know it yet) the Detweiler Vision and control any and every major stelar power.
That means feeding/encouraging the corruption in the SL to bend people to do their bidding and control things. It also means destabling things like the Republic of Haven into the Peoples Republic and so use both as tools to crush other opposition and later to so badly injure and fragment existing and growing Star Nations that they will be easier to control and subsume into what we know see as the Renaissance Factor = their cover for the implementation of the ideas and principals of the Detweiler Plan in the guise of providing a safe haven for systems when the Alignment initiation of the breakdown of the SL and other Star Nations happens.

The founders of the League screwed up big time when they set the stage for what became control by the bureaucracy and then let if grow.
Detweiler, well, taking your toys and setting up shop somewhere elce is one thing. Deciding that you are going to create the ultimate uplifted humand to rule over everybody AND needing to rub Beowulf's face in it (after not quite destroying them so they knew how was going it is ......well, somewhat insane. What the heck is a few hundred billion people runined and killed over a couple of hundred years and your end-game is to relativly quickly slaughter a couple of hundred billion more just to make them cling to the saviors (in the form of the RF) and adopt all those nice humane and enlightened programs to improve people---at pulser or KEW point.

Karma? This is megalomania off the rails and The Plan not much more than Kill off most of them and replace them with our "worker bee product" controled by the Alpha lines operating at a God Level through lesser lines.

This is Murphy comming back for blood by the ocean full.
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:39 am

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

Brigade XO wrote:GAKKK.....

SNIPPED

Karma? This is megalomania off the rails and The Plan not much more than Kill off most of them and replace them with our "worker bee product" controled by the Alpha lines operating at a God Level through lesser lines.

Cthia's whole take on the entire subject has confused me, but then I found this comment from awhile back in another thread; I bolded the bits that matter, I hope. He is portraying "institutional arrogance." RoseandHeather should have put him back in the doghouse, without a biscuit.

Rob

Cthia in: RE: REMAINING HOLES IN SLN INTEL wrote:The Solarian League leaders also suffer from delusions of grandeur, tripped up even further by a military that is built on patronage and not on accomplishment. The military leaders know full-well that they may not be able to rely on the incompetent "John Doe" -- whose family name, ONLY, is responsible for him even being in the navy -- to correctly deduce what he actually saw in some godforsaken sector and emerge on the right side of reality. In fact, it would be easier for Solarians to believe that God destroyed their ships than the wickedly simple and diminutive system of neobarbs to the West. To Solarians, Manticorans aren't just neobarbs, they are small, insignificant neobarbs. Who simply happen to be sitting in a golden pot at the end of their MWJ rainbow. Rich neobarbs. But still neobarbs. Neanderthals with a centicredit.

It is quite difficult to impart institutional arrogance.
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Armed Neo-Bob wrote:

SNIPPED

Cthia's whole take on the entire subject has confused me, but then I found this comment from awhile back in another thread; I bolded the bits that matter, I hope. He is portraying "institutional arrogance." RoseandHeather should have put him back in the doghouse, without a biscuit.

Rob

Cthia in: RE: REMAINING HOLES IN SLN INTEL wrote:The Solarian League leaders also suffer from delusions of grandeur, tripped up even further by a military that is built on patronage and not on accomplishment. The military leaders know full-well that they may not be able to rely on the incompetent "John Doe" -- whose family name, ONLY, is responsible for him even being in the navy -- to correctly deduce what he actually saw in some godforsaken sector and emerge on the right side of reality. In fact, it would be easier for Solarians to believe that God destroyed their ships than the wickedly simple and diminutive system of neobarbs to the West. To Solarians, Manticorans aren't just neobarbs, they are small, insignificant neobarbs. Who simply happen to be sitting in a golden pot at the end of their MWJ rainbow. Rich neobarbs. But still neobarbs. Neanderthals with a centicredit.

It is quite difficult to impart institutional arrogance.

:lol:

:oH N :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :!:
N :oT THE D :oGH :oUSE :!:
AGAAAAAAAAAAAAINA!?

Karma may be the only entity Murphy respects. There may or may not be rumors that they are related. Perhaps by common-law marriage or some other unholy union. ::shrug::

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:59 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The Solarian League is created and after a while, because of the way the Constitution is written, the administrative bureaucracy starts to accumulate what will become vast power in being able to manipulate and control the interactions of the Members and non-members by regulations. That leads to massive and ongoing corruption. While there are formal leadership positions (President, etc) all of the elective offices are effectivly filed with what are little more than people in figurhead positons and without actual power.

It keeps getting worse and you eventualy get the group known as The Mandarins who are the Permanent Undersecrataries of the major branches of government who control the bureaucracies and the Assembly is not much more than a political theater.

Then you have Dr. Detweiler getting pissed at the leadership of his homeworld, Beowulf, because they have passed the various laws and The Beowulf Code which would preclude him pursuing the believed ultimate uplift of Humanit by genetic manipulation and experiment. Detweiler and his followers leave and settle on Mesa where they thumb their noses (and moon and otherwise obnoxiously act) at Beowulf and proceed to dive into setting up a vast organization based on Detwiler's ideas and cover it up by creating several industries that are essentially genetic slave production and experimental manufacturing companies to sell their "products' of custom modified humans as slaves. That is both to cover what is actualy going on and provide cover for the massive research they are doing.

Detwilers's Alignment ALSO drives down a couple of related paths to 1) ultimaly humiliate Beowulf and 2) place the sucessufll results in the creation of the uplifted superrace into control of humanity. To do this they are playing puppet masters with dam near every system and Star Nation and things like the SL to get everybody both buying into (though they don't know it yet) the Detweiler Vision and control any and every major stelar power.
That means feeding/encouraging the corruption in the SL to bend people to do their bidding and control things. It also means destabling things like the Republic of Haven into the Peoples Republic and so use both as tools to crush other opposition and later to so badly injure and fragment existing and growing Star Nations that they will be easier to control and subsume into what we know see as the Renaissance Factor = their cover for the implementation of the ideas and principals of the Detweiler Plan in the guise of providing a safe haven for systems when the Alignment initiation of the breakdown of the SL and other Star Nations happens.

The founders of the League screwed up big time when they set the stage for what became control by the bureaucracy and then let if grow.
Detweiler, well, taking your toys and setting up shop somewhere elce is one thing. Deciding that you are going to create the ultimate uplifted humand to rule over everybody AND needing to rub Beowulf's face in it (after not quite destroying them so they knew how was going it is ......well, somewhat insane. What the heck is a few hundred billion people runined and killed over a couple of hundred years and your end-game is to relativly quickly slaughter a couple of hundred billion more just to make them cling to the saviors (in the form of the RF) and adopt all those nice humane and enlightened programs to improve people---at pulser or KEW point.

The Demon Murphy
It is an experience common to all men to find that, on any special occasion, such as the production of a magical effect for the first time in public, everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Whether we must attribute this to the malignity of matter or to the total depravity of inanimate things, whether the exciting cause is hurry, worry, or what not, the fact remains.

Whatever can happen will happen. if we make trials enough.

Anything that can possibly go wrong, does.

I never knew Murphy to be vindictive, or to take things personally. Murphy is a problem child grown up. He's a meddlesome entity, not a vindictive one. Actually, Murphy is the victim himself. He is simply the name given to the imminent reality that "Shit happens." "The engine will break." "The creek will rise." Though called a demon, Murphy is a scientific entity of chance. He has been given a bad rap because, well, "Shit does happen just as sure as there are asses," and it happens at the one particular moment in time we need it not to. The shit that is used to make the law of imminence didn't come out of Murphy's orifice, but the knowledge of it came out of Murphy's head. We must not shoot, or blame, the messenger for delivering so simple of an awareness of such a common fact of life. When we are swearing at our misfortune, much of the time brought on our self, our anger causes us to lash out and blame the entity who named the law for shit going wrong.

PLEASE DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER.

However, there is an entity outside of Murphy, her name is Karma. There is also an entity outside of Karma that is at work here. That entity is the Alignment and everyone is pointing him out. I get it. The fact that much of Beowulf's pain is caused by the Alignment is too true. But none of that belies the fact that Beowulf made a long distance call to Karma. If someone else listened in on the conversation and hitched a ride in the carpool lane is neither here nor there. Perhaps it was a party line to begin with.*

Bad sister Karma is vindictive.

* P.S. If you're not old enough to know what a party line is, don't sweat it.

P.P.S. Megalomania is symptomatic of the SLN and the puppet who was controlling her, the Alignment. It is the same as "delusions of grandeur," which I pointed out, as someone has already posted. They are not attributes of either sister of Karma, Good or Bad. Karma isn't capable of megalomania, she is simply a robot more simply exercising her function.

P.P.P.S. Murphy doesn't "come back for blood." Murphy simply says the jalopy you're riding in while you are going back for blood can and will break down. And that the blood splatter you leave at the scene of the crime will lead them back to you, because you dropped your calling card while bending over to clean up the splatter.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse