Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 52 guests

BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: BEOWULF - THE KARMA SUITSYA
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:43 pm

TFLYTSNBN

tlb wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Golly Gee Whizz, I wonder which of the Constitutional Amendment s provoked the Fecal Storm that compelled Duckk to close the thread?

Could you PM the snip to me?

If once upon a time you were known as "namelessfly", then I expect you know very well what the discussion was; as that person made the last post before Duckk shut things down. If not, then the thread was called "Beowulf right to leave the SL" and the thread was closed on Wednesday, 11 June 2014. That is on page 77 for me.

Nobody here but us chickens.
Can you post a link?
Post by tlb   » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:07 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Golly Gee Whizz, I wonder which of the Constitutional Amendment s provoked the Fecal Storm that compelled Duckk to close the thread?

tlb wrote:If once upon a time you were known as "namelessfly", then I expect you know very well what the discussion was; as that person made the last post before Duckk shut things down. If not, then the thread was called "Beowulf right to leave the SL" and the thread was closed on Wednesday, 11 June 2014. That is on page 77 for me.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Nobody here but us chickens.
Can you post a link?

I am embarrassed to say that I do not know how to do that, but it is easy enough to get to page 77. On the top where is says "• Page 1 of 86 • 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 86" click the 86 that I have highlighted. You will then have this at the top "• Page 86 of 86 • 1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86" and you can click the 82 and repeat until 77 is available. It does not take very ling.
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:28 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:

tlb wrote:If once upon a time you were known as "namelessfly", then I expect you know very well what the discussion was; as that person made the last post before Duckk shut things down. If not, then the thread was called "Beowulf right to leave the SL" and the thread was closed on Wednesday, 11 June 2014. That is on page 77 for me.

Can you post a link?

I am embarrassed to say that I do not know how to do that, but it is easy enough to get to page 77. On the top where is says "• Page 1 of 86 • 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 86" click the 86 that I have highlighted. You will then have this at the top "• Page 86 of 86 • 1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86" and you can click the 82 and repeat until 77 is available. It does not take very ling.

tlb, simply navigate to the page then place cursor into the navigation pane which begins. . .

https:. . .

then copy, cntrl c, then paste in post, cntrl v for a simple link.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:42 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

TheMadPenguin wrote:
cthia wrote:Every time I yell treason, all of you come at me with pitchforks. But how was Beowulf's actions not treasonous?

1: There was no war declared. Therefore no treason against the League.
2: Passing news of the unlawful 400-waller invasion to attempt to prevent another Spindle, or to mitigate the totality of destruction to anybody/everybody, is not treason. It's letting the US know that an army of Cartel gunman is coming to take control of the US/Mex border. Manticore must know of the not-at-war strike force coming to commit acts of war, or there is a betrayed friendship.

cthia wrote:They were married to the League and found a new boyfriend. But you've got the obligation to end your previous relationship properly.
There was more intermarriage between Manticore and Beowulf than between Beowulf and Sol.

cthia wrote:Treason is not the note you should end your previous relationship on. It's a total act of disrespect.

This mirrors to the campaign of violence and disrespect shown by the Mandarins, the League, and Sol towards Beowulf and SKM/SEM.

Wrong type of marriage being discussed. You are talking about a literal traditional marriage and I am using an analogous marriage between entities. Agreements, understandings and legal bindings between governments of people.

Traditional marriages come with a ring around your finger. Analogous marriages, as discussed, come with a ring around your planet.

Beowulf joined the League in unholy matrimony. I know that Beowulf didn't actually join the League, they helped found it. Though I can't see how that isn't mincing words. Isn't found to simultaneously create and join? Because, to be honest, one can found something and not choose to be a part of it.

I suppose Beowulf should have gotten married to the League at a Justice of the Peace LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:17 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

How exactly does the mechanics of the voting in the referendum work? Should it work more like an Electoral College? Will all Beowulf's citizens enjoy equal representation? Remember, all of Beowulf's citizens are not keen on seceding.

In divorcing the League, I suppose Beowulf got hit with a prenup. They get all of the assets except 20M people. They get to keep the termini because they owned it beforehand.

Post by tlb   » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:20 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

Can you post a link?

tlb wrote:I am embarrassed to say that I do not know how to do that, but it is easy enough to get to page 77. On the top where is says "• Page 1 of 86 • 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 86" click the 86 that I have highlighted. You will then have this at the top "• Page 86 of 86 • 1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86" and you can click the 82 and repeat until 77 is available. It does not take very ling.

cthia wrote:tlb, simply navigate to the page then place cursor into the navigation pane which begins. . .

Thanks. I swear I could have done that, although I think it is more suited for things outside the forum.
This is an example of the thing I do not know how to do:
cthia wrote:And, of course, this was my first plot.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6347&start=190
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN

tlb wrote:

If once upon a time you were known as "namelessfly", then I expect you know very well what the discussion was; as that person made the last post before Duckk shut things down. If not, then the thread was called "Beowulf right to leave the SL" and the thread was closed on Wednesday, 11 June 2014. That is on page 77 for me.

This "NAMELESSFLY" must have been one scary dude that such reasonable, impeccably researched comments provoked people to loose bowel as well as bladder control.

Either he was clarivoiant or Weber was inspired by his insightful analysis of how Constitional rights had atrophied to the point that the Mandarins could contemplate EE violations.
Post by Vince   » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:18 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:How exactly does the mechanics of the voting in the referendum work? Should it work more like an Electoral College? Will all Beowulf's citizens enjoy equal representation? Remember, all of Beowulf's citizens are not keen on seceding.

In divorcing the League, I suppose Beowulf got hit with a prenup. They get all of the assets except 20M people. They get to keep the termini because they owned it beforehand.

They don't get to keep the terminus, it never belonged to them:
A Rising Thunder, Chapter 14 wrote:“I suggest you consider that very carefully, Admiral.” Gabriel Caddell-Markham’s voice was considerably colder than Tsang’s had been. “The confrontation between the League and the Star Empire has the potential to become the most disastrous collision in human history. It’s the belief of the Beowulf government that the situation is being manipulated by forces inimical to both the League and the Star Empire and that we would be derelict in our duty—and our responsibility to the human race in general, not simply to the citizens of the Beowulf System—if we contributed to that disaster. We have no intention of doing so, and with all due deference to your understanding of the Constitution, it’s our opinion that the federal government grossly overstepped its power by issuing your orders. There’s been no declaration of war, and Article Five of the Constitution specifically denies the federal government authority to dictate to system governments in time of peace. As a consequence, the Beowulf System’s government is under no requirement to assist you in this movement, and our personnel and citizens will not assist you.
The Beowulf Terminus is administered and controlled by the Beowulf Terminus Corporation, a civilian corporation based in Beowulf, but the Terminus’ actual sovereignty rests with Manticore, as its discoverer. Whether or not we would have the legal authority to allow you passage against Manticore’s will, even if we wished to, is a question complex enough to keep battalions of lawyers busy for decades. But the bottom line is that neither we nor the BTC have any desire to assist you in this madness to begin with and that virtually all the personnel manning the traffic-control platforms on the terminus are Beowulfan citizens. Solarian citizens—civilians—over whom the Solarian military has no jurisdiction in time of peace. For that matter, the Solarian military has no jurisdiction over Solarian civilians even in time of war unless a legitimate declaration of martial law has first been issued. None has. Since that’s the case, the Beowulf System Defense Force would be morally, legally, and constitutionally justified in protecting our citizens against illegal coercion by whatever means may be necessary. And in case I haven’t been sufficiently clear, ‘whatever means may be necessary’ does include the use of deadly force.”
Italics are the author's, boldface and underlined text is my emphasis.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:18 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It should also be noted that the RMN allowed other disgruntled wives to rebel against their abusive husbands on Masada.

Almost forgot, thanks for the previous reminder Vince.

Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:25 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:

Can you post a link?

tlb wrote:I am embarrassed to say that I do not know how to do that, but it is easy enough to get to page 77. On the top where is says "• Page 1 of 86 • 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 86" click the 86 that I have highlighted. You will then have this at the top "• Page 86 of 86 • 1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86" and you can click the 82 and repeat until 77 is available. It does not take very ling.

cthia wrote:tlb, simply navigate to the page then place cursor into the navigation pane which begins. . .

Thanks. I swear I could have done that, although I think it is more suited for things outside the forum.
This is an example of the thing I do not know how to do:
cthia wrote:And, of course, this was my first plot.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6347&start=190

If you are talking about cueing a specific post, someone else actually posted the technique long before I did and I came across it.

The last number in the &start coincides with the particular post on the page. Counting begins with 0 (the first post of a page). So, if one wanted to cue the third post, the last number would become 2.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6347&start=192

Return to Honorverse