Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], KenL51160 and 57 guests

Uncompromising Honor Up on Amazon and with Spoilers

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Uncompromising Honor Up on Amazon and with Spoilers
Post by quite possibly a cat   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:13 pm

quite possibly a cat
Captain (Junior Grade)

ywing14 wrote:Once they break the Edict, the Alliance really no longer has to worry about the moral high ground of taking the war to the league.

Oh but they do. If they lose the moral high ground, they'll be leaving it to the RF. Its entirely possible Beowulf decides to get in on this cool new local alliance that's forming in its area. How bad can Visgoth be? They were one of the big anti-slavery nations in the League!
Post by Fireflair   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:12 am

Fireflair
Captain of the List

I notice there is no mention of the MAlign in the blurb. Not in any fashion or form. Assuming the blurb is accurate (despite the previous book not conforming to the blurb at all!), I'd wager the MAlign is going to essentially vanish from the existing story line and crawl off to Darius and the RF homeworlds to build it's tech and strength while the GA finishes the SL off.

Next arc will be dealing with the MAlign after some period of time when no one has seen hide nor hair of them. When most people have begun to believe they're really just a figment of people's imagination.
Post by Randomiser   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:38 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Fireflair wrote:I notice there is no mention of the MAlign in the blurb. Not in any fashion or form. Assuming the blurb is accurate (despite the previous book not conforming to the blurb at all!), I'd wager the MAlign is going to essentially vanish from the existing story line and crawl off to Darius and the RF homeworlds to build it's tech and strength while the GA finishes the SL off.

Next arc will be dealing with the MAlign after some period of time when no one has seen hide nor hair of them. When most people have begun to believe they're really just a figment of people's imagination.

Except that a whole chapter on Damien Harahap, as read by RFC at Honorcon, suggests the MAlign will feature significantly in this book. Harahap has no other plot function at this stage, except being a link to the MAlign.
Post by quite possibly a cat   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 pm

quite possibly a cat
Captain (Junior Grade)

He could be part of humanity's doomed last stand against the forces of Hell that Harrington accidentally summons. See, no need to for Malign involvement at all! :P
Post by Peregrinator   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Peregrinator
Commander

quite possibly a cat wrote:He could be part of humanity's doomed last stand against the forces of Hell that Harrington accidentally summons. See, no need to for Malign involvement at all! :P

It's pretty obvious that Harahap is going to be a major character moving forward. He might not take the fight to the MAlign himself, but perhaps he will be consigliere to those who do.
Post by ldwechsler   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:33 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Peregrinator wrote:
quite possibly a cat wrote:He could be part of humanity's doomed last stand against the forces of Hell that Harrington accidentally summons. See, no need to for Malign involvement at all! :P

It's pretty obvious that Harahap is going to be a major character moving forward. He might not take the fight to the MAlign himself, but perhaps he will be consigliere to those who do.

Again we have the trouble with blurbs. But it seems clear that MAlign will be involved. After all, Harahap worked for them and knows more than they think and O'Hanrahan knows rather more.

But we will have to wait and see.
'
Post by BrightSoul   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:32 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

The question this blurb brings to mind for me is what happens with all those people in ONI and the Gendarmes looking into Manticore's claims about the alignment?

Here are a few of the breadcrumbs I'm wondering about on the SLN side of the story. IIRC Filareta wondered why his supply of missile pods was coming from Mesa. What hints will these intrepid investigators find? The missile pods for the Beowulf attack can't come from Mesa now since Mike has taken the system. Will they lead to one of the RF systems?

Another that I wonder about is Axelrod, Jessyck and TIY. Will anyone figure out that all three transtellars were members of the Mesan government? Where will they relocate? to one of the RF systems?

Interesting times. There's a part of me that wants to see a mystery novel set between This arc and the next one.
Post by cthia   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:05 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

From the blurb it seems that the League has finally gone too far and pissed off Sally. Now she's taking her gloves off and is heading their way loaded for bear.

Which highlights my original notion that the Harrington Plan is written on, and too much like walking on rice paper.

Can the blurb not be posted here?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by feyhunde   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:28 pm

feyhunde
Lieutenant Commander

BrightSoul wrote:The question this blurb brings to mind for me is what happens with all those people in ONI and the Gendarmes looking into Manticore's claims about the alignment?

Here are a few of the breadcrumbs I'm wondering about on the SLN side of the story. IIRC Filareta wondered why his supply of missile pods was coming from Mesa. What hints will these intrepid investigators find? The missile pods for the Beowulf attack can't come from Mesa now since Mike has taken the system. Will they lead to one of the RF systems?

Another that I wonder about is Axelrod, Jessyck and TIY. Will anyone figure out that all three transtellars were members of the Mesan government? Where will they relocate? to one of the RF systems?

Interesting times. There's a part of me that wants to see a mystery novel set between This arc and the next one.

Also, no matter how good the Alignment is, there's a mistake somewhere that will be missed. Everything from an offsite backup by a careless office worker to a dud explosive in the final flourish, to cutouts knowing too much, to the wrong people being killed in the cover up.

Harahap may just be the first. How many techs, dockworkers, etc will have information on the MA that the just didn't know about? What about information not known? Like a nature preserve no one in the Mesan government actually knew about that just exploded? Etc.
Post by cthia   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:13 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:From the blurb it seems that the League has finally gone too far and pissed off Sally. Now she's taking her gloves off and is heading their way loaded for bear.

Which highlights my original notion that the Harrington Plan is written on, and too much like walking on rice paper.

Can the blurb not be posted here?

My apology for missing the blurb, marcus. A fine thing you did.

Sally rides again!

Didn't I read somewhere that Honor has a chat with Kingsford? I wonder if it is from Earth orbit? LOL

Whose minding the store while Sally is away?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse