Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], phillies and 47 guests

3D Printed Ships

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: 3D Printed Ships
Post by Theemile   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:54 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Walks Alone wrote:Maxx, I have actually just come back from looking at your deviant-art page. You illustrations are the kind I could simply drink up!

I'm curious though, I can't seem to find any images of either CLACs or SDs? I'm wondering if those have been deliberately excluded for some reason?

Oh, one other thing... I was looking at the pinnace... is that a cargo bay in the back, or is that the engineering space?

http://www.davidweber.net/downloads/34-.html

cargo in in the middle, engineering is in back.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Theemile   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:59 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Walks Alone wrote:Just wondering if anyone’s ever 3D printed any of the ships in miniature? Or even other such things... Pods... Missiles... Drones.... the Star of Grayson!

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=honorverse&sa=&dwh=675a787e6a0764c

Just a battleship and a star of Grayson at Thingiverse.

There are still some of the big 1905 fleet boxes of Minis available at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=honorverse+miniatures&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahonorverse+miniatures

I once bought the Honor of the Queen mini set - while pewter, the BC is so small, you could whittle it from a pencil. The CA and DD in the kit were, of course, even smaller.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by MaxxQ   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:38 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Walks Alone wrote:Maxx, I have actually just come back from looking at your deviant-art page. You illustrations are the kind I could simply drink up!

I'm curious though, I can't seem to find any images of either CLACs or SDs? I'm wondering if those have been deliberately excluded for some reason?

Oh, one other thing... I was looking at the pinnace... is that a cargo bay in the back, or is that the engineering space?

I haven't done the CLACs or SDs yet. We are currently going through a bit of a dry spell for releasing (or creating) new images due to reworking some of the detail bits and adding new markings. Once all of that is "finalized", I will redo all the current ship images with the new stuff, and finally get around to the heavier metal.

A list of new details (more or less complete - roughly 85-100%) is, from memory: redesigned radar, EW, LIDAR, and telemetry panels, redesigned weapons port hatches, new missile tubes and magazines (for old style ships, such as the Fearless CA - haven't started on what new tube and magazines might look like for modern ships) and redesigned escape pod tube covers.

Started but nowhere near complete (maybe 10-20%): New RCS thrusters, new grav sensor arrays, new "conning towers", new PDLC housings, new CM tube housings, and new radiators.

We've also worked out a way for weapons ports to be marked - yellow/black warning striping around the hatches, numbering and naming what's behind each port. Forex: LASER 01, MISSILE 15, GRASER 04. Most of that is done for the Fearless, since she's our test bed for anything going on/into any of the other ships.

The problem is that all of us working on the ships are extremely busy with real-life stuff, and our schedules don't coincide very often.
Post by Walks Alone   » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:23 am

Walks Alone
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I look forward to seeing what you produce!
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:Most of that is done for the Fearless, since she's our test bed for anything going on/into any of the other ships.

*Reaches for copy of On Basilisk Station*
:ugeek: *reads*
Yep, fits in perfectly with canon.
Does that mean that the Weapon That Must Not Be Named is coming back to deal with the MAligN Spider-ships?
:twisted:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by MaxxQ   » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Michael Everett wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:Most of that is done for the Fearless, since she's our test bed for anything going on/into any of the other ships.

*Reaches for copy of On Basilisk Station*
:ugeek: *reads*
Yep, fits in perfectly with canon.
Does that mean that the Weapon That Must Not Be Named is coming back to deal with the MAligN Spider-ships?
:twisted:

Wrong Fearless. :mrgreen:

Return to Honorverse