Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

Travis Long seires questions and some spoilers

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Travis Long seires questions and some spoilers
Post by glott   » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:38 pm

glott
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

George J. Smith wrote:
Eagleeye wrote:Because the series was renamed "Rise of Manticore" I give it a good chance that there will be a book or three about the discovery of the Manticore Wormhole Junction. Assuming, David and his partners find the time for it, that is ;)

I thought it was renamed Manticore Ascendant.

Since Eagleeye's location is listed as Halle/Saale, Germany, I assume that Manticore Ascendant has been translated (into German or, possibly, from German back into English) as Rise of Manticore.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

"...the ability of an entrenched, bureaucratic military to ignore anything which challenges its fundamental working assumptions simply cannot be exaggerated." - David Weber
Re: Travis Long seires questions and some spoilers
Post by Fox2!   » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

Fox2! wrote:
Fox2! wrote:
Snip... As for Rear Admiral Ellen D'Orville, her story is in _House of Steel_ (in the people subsection of the Star Empire of Manticore section of "The Honorverse Companion" part of _House of Steel_. Basically, she coordinated the evacuation of a large space habitat that had been contaminated with weaponized nanotech (this was not in the Manticore system). When the nanotech breached the final firewall, she ordered a nuclear strike on the station (where she was by the way).

In the tradition of Commander Rivera of the Interplanetary Patrol, who had pre-ordered a nuclear strike on his own position if he was taken hostage during negotiations with an opposing force ...
Edited to correct spelling of Rivera (vs. Riveria).

This is where we call, "Dahlquist!" "Answering for Dahlquist!" "Martin!" "Answering for Martin!" "Rivera!" "Answering for Rivera!" "Wheeler!" "Answering for Wheeler!"

Return to Honorverse