Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

If Duckk or T. Pope is around.,,,

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
If Duckk or T. Pope is around.,,,
Post by Theemile   » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:56 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

I just noticed a possible oversite in HoS on Friday. In the Manticore section, it is mentioned that the 3 captured Havenite SDs were sold to Grayson, but there is no mention of the class in the Grayson section. Is this intentional, or was the data dropped. (or is my electronic copy damaged)...
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Re: If Duckk or T. Pope is around.,,,
Post by Lord Skimper   » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Not to address you issue but your signature. It would be even cheaper to buy used Manti or Peep ships, have them on a time scale of turned over as soon as a new ship comes off the line to replace them and still have Beowulf improve their ship capabilities exponentially.
Post by Theemile   » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Lord Skimper wrote:Not to address you issue but your signature. It would be even cheaper to buy used Manti or Peep ships, have them on a time scale of turned over as soon as a new ship comes off the line to replace them and still have Beowulf improve their ship capabilities exponentially.

You mean like Beowulf leasing old Gryphon SDs for now and using them instead of their current ships, then switching to new construction as available? That's been mentioned a time or 2 - it would be a genuine force multiplier, though not as big as an SD(p) would be.

Unfortunately, until the publicite is passed, Beowulf doesn't want to give any evidence one might misinterpret as undue MAnticorian Influence. The day after the vote - I'd love to see that happen.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Lord Skimper   » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

I was thinking of Haven SD(P). And after the plebiscite Manty current SD(P), as new ships roll out of Bolt hole. Until New ships can be built in Beowulf. Assuming they choose to leave the League. But with Haven SD(P) Tech Beowulf will be secure. Haven CLAC and Haven LAC etc...
Post by Henry Brown   » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:29 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

Theemile wrote:
Lord Skimper wrote:Not to address you issue but your signature. It would be even cheaper to buy used Manti or Peep ships, have them on a time scale of turned over as soon as a new ship comes off the line to replace them and still have Beowulf improve their ship capabilities exponentially.

You mean like Beowulf leasing old Gryphon SDs for now and using them instead of their current ships, then switching to new construction as available? That's been mentioned a time or 2 - it would be a genuine force multiplier, though not as big as an SD(p) would be.

Unfortunately, until the publicite is passed, Beowulf doesn't want to give any evidence one might misinterpret as undue MAnticorian Influence. The day after the vote - I'd love to see that happen.

But isn't the RMN using every ship they have right now? I mean, their shipyards got destroyed. What they have right now is all they will have for quite some time. I just don't see where they have any extra ships to spare. However, the other part of the original idea concerning older Peep ships might have merit. They are still building and have lots of new construction still coming online.
Post by drothgery   » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:33 pm

drothgery
Admiral

Henry Brown wrote:But isn't the RMN using every ship they have right now? I mean, their shipyards got destroyed. What they have right now is all they will have for quite some time.
Yeah what they have now is all they've got in terms of hardware for a while, but they didn't have the trained manpower to crew the emergency 2nd war construction and all of what they had left after the Havenite attack on Manticore. And they had to get crews for the 200 or so new SD(P)s from somewhere. So very little with pre-Buttercup tech is in RMN service, and there is a decent amount in reserve.

Return to Honorverse