Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Mycall4me and 45 guests

Minor audio book issue

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Minor audio book issue
Post by menchfrest   » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:22 pm

menchfrest
Midshipman

So I'm posting this information here, because I'm not sure what to do with it since amazon has been so unhelpful. For some reason Storm from the Shadows is not a part of whispersync on amazon, unlike every single other honorverse book. I tried to tell amazon that this seemed to be an error since it was the single outlier, but they helpfully told me that it was not a part of whispersync because the versions were not precisely paired and that they are working to make all audiobooks paired and much testing needs to be done in each case. Given the blase nature of the response and the years they've already had to deal with this, I'd thought I'd try to at least make sure that the information was in the authors hand and this was the only way I knew how to put it there.
Re: Minor audio book issue
Post by ncwolf   » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:16 pm

ncwolf
Commander

I've never dealt with Amazon, so I don't know how oblivious this question is---What is "whispersync?"
Post by ksandgren   » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:23 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

ncwolf wrote:I've never dealt with Amazon, so I don't know how oblivious this question is---What is "whispersync?"

It is a link between an ebook on kindle and an audio book that lets you go back and forth between the two without losing your place. For instance you can listen to the audio book while driving and then continue reading the kindle from where you left off in the car.
Post by ncwolf   » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:26 pm

ncwolf
Commander

ksandgren wrote:
ncwolf wrote:I've never dealt with Amazon, so I don't know how oblivious this question is---What is "whispersync?"

It is a link between an ebook on kindle and an audio book that lets you go back and forth between the two without losing your place. For instance you can listen to the audio book while driving and then continue reading the kindle from where you left off in the car.

Thanks.

Return to Honorverse