Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

[Spoiler - UH] utube snippet

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: [Spoiler - UH] utube snippet
Post by clancy688   » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:45 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

Oh my. :shock:

I have no idea what kind of twist I was expecting. But not that. Certainly not that. :o

:mrgreen:

P.S.

How many (unsuccessful) ploys to steal Mr. Weber's phone have been devised and failed during the con? :D
Post by Sharidann   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 am

Sharidann
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

As you stated "spoiler" in the header of the thread, can you simply spill the beans about the plot twist? (in a PM if you prefer)

Really having a hard time understanding David speaking (not an english native speaker here).

Thanks in advance.
JohnRoth wrote:
senna wrote:For those who couldn't go. Someone has posted a video on RFC's YouTube channel of him reading a chapter of UH whilst at Honorcon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFgPgH9Clrc

I'm moving this from the snippet index where it was originally posted. As far as I can tell, this probably takes place in October or November, so it's either before or simultaneous with Admiral Henke's assault on Mesa.

Very interesting plot twist here.... :shock:
Post by pappilon   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:19 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Sharidann wrote:As you stated "spoiler" in the header of the thread, can you simply spill the beans about the plot twist? (in a PM if you prefer)

Really having a hard time understanding David speaking (not an english native speaker here).

Thanks in advance.

Can we turn DH? Can we trust DH? I know, lets assign him a treecat body guard. Holy CRA ... uh, buscuits, they bonded! Now what?
Last edited by pappilon on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Sharidann   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 am

Sharidann

pappilon wrote: Holy CRA ... uh, buscuits, they bonded! Now what?

Celery! :mrgreen:
Post by turol   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 am

turol
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

pappilon wrote: Now what?

"I don't see a problem. We got him."
Post by Hans   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:14 pm

Hans

Hello,
@ David Weber:
Can you do the not native English speakers a favour and post the part you read here as a snippet.
I usually talk and understand English quite well, but at that movie i don't understand anything.
I'm 64 years and have some problems with certain frequencies to understand. Especially men voices at the way David talks - no chance for me to catch up. Not even in German.
The akustic is not really good, for me at least.
But i would also like to read that snippet.

Desperatly waiting for the book
Hans
Post by Gun Boat Diplomacy   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:48 pm

Gun Boat Diplomacy

Thank you David, that was very "Interesting" esp. the last part.
I would like to see text of that chapter as, I too am old and have a hard time with certain freq's ;) great job RFC
Post by pappilon   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:03 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

turol wrote:
pappilon wrote: Now what?

"I don't see a problem. We got him."

Queen wrote: another one gone
yeah another one gone
Another one bites the dust

Just another retired secret agent man. They've taken away his number and given hm a tree cat (with apologies to Johnny Rivers). Now he can join Anton and Black Victor for cocktails at the retired agents club on Prague.

Not a problem unless you're Damien Harahap. Just, well ... who saw that coming? That's why its called a plot twist. :lol: :roll:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Greentea   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Greentea
Commander

pappilon wrote:
Sharidann wrote:As you stated "spoiler" in the header of the thread, can you simply spill the beans about the plot twist? (in a PM if you prefer)

Thanks in advance.

Can we turn DH? Can we trust DH? I know, lets assign him a treecat body guard. Holy CRA ... uh, buscuits, they bonded! Now what?

The bigger surprise was that Harahap had not been properly treated with death-dealing nanites. The loss of the records at Green Pines is proving to be quite crucial. The onion also seems to be falling prey to one of the age-old problems of large organizations and beehives. Once you get past the doorkeepers and look official, people just assume you are supposed to be there and have the proper accreditations, oops. The adoption was surprising but is technically not a bad thing. It means the Grand Alliance has their claws deeper into Harahap than they expected to.
Cup of tea? Yes, please.
Post by Tim   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:44 pm

Tim
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

As an aside during the reading our crafty author addressed that issue.

Harahap was darn lucky. His treecat name should be "walks between raindrops".

Greentea wrote:
The bigger surprise was that Harahap had not been properly treated with death-dealing nanites. The loss of the records at Green Pines is proving to be quite crucial. The onion also seems to be falling prey to one of the age-old problems of large organizations and beehives. Once you get past the doorkeepers and look official, people just assume you are supposed to be there and have the proper accreditations, oops. The adoption was surprising but is technically not a bad thing. It means the Grand Alliance has their claws deeper into Harahap than they expected to.

Return to Honorverse