Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bill Woods, Google [Bot], Loren Pechtel, munroburton and 10 guests

[Spoiler - UH] utube snippet

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: [Spoiler - UH] utube snippet
Post by ldwechsler   » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:34 pm

ldwechsler
Commodore

Posts: 963
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 12:15 pm

quite possibly a cat wrote:
cthia wrote: Actually he'd like to discuss a few things with Zilwicki and Cachat. He admired professionalism, whoever happened to have it.

snip

Besides, he'd like to compare notes with them about Green Pines, given his post terror attacks visit to Mendel.


I don't seem to be able to shake this notion. If Harahap and Givens compare notes about Green Pines, the Manties just may be able to come up with a dossier that unequivocally clears the Manty name.
Umm... no. Not if they're being truthful, honest and diligent. The only way to clear the Manties of guilt for Green Pines is with Anton's blood. They'll look bad still, but they'll go from "Mass murdering psychos" to "Negligent on debriefings". Of course doing so would lead to serious fallout. Elizabeth and Cathy would become mortal enemies, the alliance with Torch would be gone, Haven would suddenly be forced to deal with the issue. Worst of all, since the story is probably most damning for Torch, Anton is unlikely to go along and will probably try and shift blame away from Berry. Honor makes a convenient target!

Also I wonder how Clean Killer would feel upon "learning" that the Day of Sorrow was the result of retaliation instead of an unprovoked attack? (Yes, technically it was already underway when Green Pines happened, but Clean Killer wouldn't know!)[/quote]

Give me a break. Day of Sorrow/Yawata Strike was planned out far in advance of anything happening on Mesa. On top of that, the Detweilers were also reasonably certain Zilwicki might not have done it, they used propaganda to declare it to the galaxy.

All a treecat had to do was meet with Zilwicki to know enough that he would never do it. They are empaths, remember.

Using nonsense to justify horrid crimes sounds just like what a lot of terrorists do. And it should be rejected.
Top
Re: [Spoiler - UH] utube snippet
Post by quite possibly a cat   » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:00 pm

quite possibly a cat
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:51 am

ldwechsler wrote:Give me a break. Day of Sorrow/Yawata Strike was planned out far in advance of anything happening on Mesa.


quite possibly a cat wrote:Yes, technically it was already underway when Green Pines happened, but Clean Killer wouldn't know!




ldwechsler wrote:All a treecat had to do was meet with Zilwicki to know enough that he would never do it. They are empaths, remember.
Anton ordered nuclear weapons used knowing they would kill innocents. "Minimal" is not zero. Anton is exactly the kind of person who could commit murder of innocents. Anton was also posing as a civilian at a time, so there is no possible military justification either.

Furthermore Anton has made zero attempt at any sort of repentance. Why hasn't he apologized to the families of the victims? He's a monster.
ldwechsler wrote:Using nonsense to justify horrid crimes sounds just like what a lot of terrorists do. And it should be rejected.
Attacking (or attempting to attack) military facilities of another star nation, like Yawata, the Battle of Spindle or the Battle of Monica in times of peace is a horrid crime. I'm glad we can at least agree on that.

The problem is no one outside of Darius has any proof that Yawata wasn't in retaliation for Green Pines. They just know it came after.
Top
Re: [Spoiler - UH] utube snippet
Post by Bluesqueak   » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Bluesqueak
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:04 pm

quite possibly a cat wrote:
ldwechsler wrote:Give me a break. Day of Sorrow/Yawata Strike was planned out far in advance of anything happening on Mesa.


quite possibly a cat wrote:Yes, technically it was already underway when Green Pines happened, but Clean Killer wouldn't know!




ldwechsler wrote:All a treecat had to do was meet with Zilwicki to know enough that he would never do it. They are empaths, remember.
Anton ordered nuclear weapons used knowing they would kill innocents. "Minimal" is not zero. Anton is exactly the kind of person who could commit murder of innocents. Anton was also posing as a civilian at a time, so there is no possible military justification either.

Furthermore Anton has made zero attempt at any sort of repentance. Why hasn't he apologized to the families of the victims? He's a monster.
ldwechsler wrote:Using nonsense to justify horrid crimes sounds just like what a lot of terrorists do. And it should be rejected.
Attacking (or attempting to attack) military facilities of another star nation, like Yawata, the Battle of Spindle or the Battle of Monica in times of peace is a horrid crime. I'm glad we can at least agree on that.

The problem is no one outside of Darius has any proof that Yawata wasn't in retaliation for Green Pines. They just know it came after.


I'm not sure whether you're trying to troll people, think you're a comedian or simply can't remember what the books say.

Or possibly all three...
Top
Re: [Spoiler - UH] utube snippet
Post by n7axw   » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:05 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5100
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

It appears to me that this discussion has worn itself out.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: [Spoiler - UH] utube snippet
Post by Rincewind   » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 am

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Does anybody else think that Damian Harahap is like a Treecat in that he always lands on his feet?

Thoughts anyone?
Top
Re: [Spoiler - UH] utube snippet
Post by cthia   » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:26 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10029
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Clean Killer was working with Pat. They weren't bonded, of course, but she confided in us that Clean Killer had become her best friend. Since he is now bonded to Harahap, then I suppose Pat will be getting another Cat. Or will Clean Killer simply continue in the same roll. Makes me kind of sad for Pat.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: [Spoiler - UH] utube snippet
Post by George J. Smith   » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 am

George J. Smith
Captain of the List

Posts: 740
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:48 am
Location: Ross-on-Wye UK

cthia wrote:Clean Killer was working with Pat. They weren't bonded, of course, but she confided in us that Clean Killer had become her best friend. Since he is now bonded to Harahap, then I suppose Pat will be getting another Cat. Or will Clean Killer simply continue in the same roll. Makes me kind of sad for Pat.


cthia,

I think Givens 'cat is Thought Chaser

The dappled treecat on White Haven's shoulder produced something that sounded remarkably like a human sigh. And the cat on the back of Given's chair laughed. The admiral looked over her shoulder at her furry bodyguard with a frown, then turned back to the two-legged participants of the conversation in the conference.

"Despite Samantha's and Thought Chasers reactions," she said a bit tartly, "I am not suggesting he's getting any intentional deceptions past Pounces on Leaves." She twitched her head at the treecat participating in the recorded interrogation. "My problem is that I still can't quite convince myself, not fully, that he isn't some kind of a plant. Even if he doesn't know it."
.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Top
Re: [Spoiler - UH] utube snippet
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:04 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10029
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

George J. Smith wrote:
cthia wrote:Clean Killer was working with Pat. They weren't bonded, of course, but she confided in us that Clean Killer had become her best friend. Since he is now bonded to Harahap, then I suppose Pat will be getting another Cat. Or will Clean Killer simply continue in the same roll. Makes me kind of sad for Pat.


cthia,

I think Givens 'cat is Thought Chaser

The dappled treecat on White Haven's shoulder produced something that sounded remarkably like a human sigh. And the cat on the back of Given's chair laughed. The admiral looked over her shoulder at her furry bodyguard with a frown, then turned back to the two-legged participants of the conversation in the conference.

"Despite Samantha's and Thought Chasers reactions," she said a bit tartly, "I am not suggesting he's getting any intentional deceptions past Pounces on Leaves." She twitched her head at the treecat participating in the recorded interrogation. "My problem is that I still can't quite convince myself, not fully, that he isn't some kind of a plant. Even if he doesn't know it."


Oh my stars. I must have listened to that at least 1001 times over the course of transcribing it and I still missed it. Listening for quality and not content. Arrgh!

Thanks George.


However, the revelation fuels another question. Don't you think "Thought Chaser" is an appropriate name for a 'Cat who would find an ONI mind appealing? Not just any ONI mind. A paranoid ONI mind of the Pat Givens' kind.

Thanks again George. I totally missed that.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: [Spoiler - UH] utube snippet
Post by ldwechsler   » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:45 pm

ldwechsler
Commodore

Posts: 963
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 12:15 pm

cthia wrote:
George J. Smith wrote: Clean Killer was working with Pat. They weren't bonded, of course, but she confided in us that Clean Killer had become her best friend. Since he is now bonded to Harahap, then I suppose Pat will be getting another Cat. Or will Clean Killer simply continue in the same roll. Makes me kind of sad for Pat.


cthia,

I think Givens 'cat is Thought Chaser

The dappled treecat on White Haven's shoulder produced something that sounded remarkably like a human sigh. And the cat on the back of Given's chair laughed. The admiral looked over her shoulder at her furry bodyguard with a frown, then turned back to the two-legged participants of the conversation in the conference.

"Despite Samantha's and Thought Chasers reactions," she said a bit tartly, "I am not suggesting he's getting any intentional deceptions past Pounces on Leaves." She twitched her head at the treecat participating in the recorded interrogation. "My problem is that I still can't quite convince myself, not fully, that he isn't some kind of a plant. Even if he doesn't know it."


Oh my stars. I must have listened to that at least 1001 times over the course of transcribing it and I still missed it. Listening for quality and not content. Arrgh!

Thanks George.


However, the revelation fuels another question. Don't you think "Thought Chaser" is an appropriate name for a 'Cat who would find an ONI mind appealing? Not just any ONI mind. A paranoid ONI mind of the Pat Givens' kind.

Thanks again George. I totally missed that.[/quote]

From all I've read, the cats have all been well matched. Probably not hard to do for empaths.
Top
Re: [Spoiler - UH] utube snippet
Post by Bluesqueak   » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:38 pm

Bluesqueak
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:04 pm

cthia wrote:

However, the revelation fuels another question. Don't you think "Thought Chaser" is an appropriate name for a 'Cat who would find an ONI mind appealing? Not just any ONI mind. A paranoid ONI mind of the Pat Givens' kind.



Thought Chaser is a pretty good name for a Treecat Intelligence Operative, but not half as good as 'Pounces on Leaves' for a Treecat Interrogator. :)
Top

Return to Honorverse