Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests

treecats who bond with Marines

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: treecats who bond with Marines
Post by John Prigent   » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:24 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

But what happens when a Marine and his/her bonded treecat go into a bar full of drunken sailors? Or vice versa, a sailor with a bonded treecat entering a bar full of drunken marines? I foresee a sudden outbreak of politeness and bonhomie all round.

Cheers, John
Post by ldwechsler   » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:15 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

John Prigent wrote:But what happens when a Marine and his/her bonded treecat go into a bar full of drunken sailors? Or vice versa, a sailor with a bonded treecat entering a bar full of drunken marines? I foresee a sudden outbreak of politeness and bonhomie all round.

Cheers, John

Certainly if they were Mantie marines.

And in a bar fight where there was no murderous intent, I would guess the treecat would stay out of the action.
Post by Vince   » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:
John Prigent wrote:But what happens when a Marine and his/her bonded treecat go into a bar full of drunken sailors? Or vice versa, a sailor with a bonded treecat entering a bar full of drunken marines? I foresee a sudden outbreak of politeness and bonhomie all round.

Cheers, John
Certainly if they were Mantie marines.

And in a bar fight where there was no murderous intent, I would guess the treecat would stay out of the action.

Bar fights might be a problem outside the Old Star Kingdom and Grayson, but I don't foresee any difficulties inside it. Everyone inside the Old Star Kingdom as well as The Protectorate of Grayson pretty much by now knows that treecats are intelligent, empaths, and equipped by nature with lethal weaponry. If a bar fight broke out and a treecat was involved, the attitude of the Manticoran/Grayson authorities is going to be whoever was involved going after the treecat or the treecat's bonded human was probably either trying to commit murder, assassination (probably Mesan Alignment nanite programed, given treecat's capabilities) or suicide.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.

Return to Honorverse