Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests

Posttion Needing Filling

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Posttion Needing Filling
Post by cthia   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:51 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

TangoLima wrote:Indeed to conjugate, stink, stank, stunk

Unless it is an Urban ship (one named after a city) and the souls aboard are mainly denizens thereof. Like HMS Beowulf. Then the Urban conjugate form may be used instead where emphasis is needed for a situation run beyond afoul and abnormal.

The rule is to drop the leading s altogether. Then the following words, respectively, becomes tink, tank, tanks and tanked. It is usually preceded by an exclamation such as "Wooeee, does that ship tank!"

This form really puts the s in stink, but since the s is already there, the proper conjugate form is to remove it.

It is a rare English conjugation for really smelly situations. Such as the nth tankiness of High Ridge and his smelly cohorts. Tankiness was also why Santino being a Rear Admiral was so fitting.

It is the really smelly kind of excrement that sticks to your finger, the bulkheads, star systems and entire governments.

When tink hits the fan, it ticks. :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse