Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 33 guests

Classmates

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Classmates
Post by TangoLima   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:36 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Other than honor and Mike I can't recall if we have
seen or heard of any other of their classmates.
What happened to the other 'snotties' on War Maiden?
Last edited by TangoLima on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Calssmates
Post by ldwechsler   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:39 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

TangoLima wrote:Other than honor and Mike I can't recall if we have
seen or heard of any other of their classmates.
What happened to the other 'snotties' on War Maiden?

At one point, when Mike was offered a rear admiral slot, it was mentioned that about 40% of her class were already in those slots.

I don't know that any other classmates were ever mentioned.

Except perhaps for Pavel Young.
Re: Classmates
Post by kzt   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:56 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Her class wasn’t that big. It was mentioned at one time, but I think it was a few hundred max. And over the ~20 years between graduation and OBS there would have been a lot of attrition as people fulfill the post academy service obligation, bail to have a life where they come home to their kids every night, screw up in some way, make important enemies, or find they lack either the skill or motivation to stay in service.
Post by Fireflair   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:25 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

There have been a few mentions of other class mates, but it's just in passing. So and so went to command this or that. Got swiped for BuShips or Pers. But no, by and large there aren't a lot of mentions of them or what they might have done.

But the conversation about Mike is in At All Costs, when Mike is worried about why she was handed the 81st. She is concerned about nepotism and Honor brings up the confidential portion of her personnel records as well as the stats on their graduating class.

At the time, according to Honor, 30% of the class have attained flag rang, 40% are captains half of whom are senior grade, 15% are medically retired or dead.
Post by Relax   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Has anyone figured out how big the classes SHOULD have been? We have the OOB for 1905 and it is in the neighborhood of a 1000 ships... + fortresses + Logistics/Training....

Just wondering...

EDIT: Obviously Honor Graduated during the ramp up period. So, saying how big a class should have been is going to be chock full of massive ass-u-me-ptions
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by kzt   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:37 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Relax wrote:Has anyone figured out how big the classes SHOULD have been? We have the OOB for 1905 and it is in the neighborhood of a 1000 ships... + fortresses + Logistics/Training....

Just wondering...

EDIT: Obviously Honor Graduated during the ramp up period. So, saying how big a class should have been is going to be chock full of massive ass-u-me-ptions

Like "Is there another source of officers?"
Post by Weird Harold   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:46 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:Like "Is there another source of officers?"

Textev is that the RMN has a higher percentage of "Mustangs" than other navies. Mustangs are former enlisted who go through a short OCS to make the jump to officer.

I'm sure that there is a ROTC or "90 Day wonder" path as well during wartime.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by WLBjork   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:44 pm

WLBjork
Commander

Relax wrote:Has anyone figured out how big the classes SHOULD have been? We have the OOB for 1905 and it is in the neighborhood of a 1000 ships... + fortresses + Logistics/Training....

Just wondering...

Augh! Just in the middle of AoV, seen the numbers for Honor's year and the year involved...and I can't recall them. Good job the kindle is to hand!

Honor's class saw 241 graduate.

The previous year had seen around 8,500 graduate - and there were 11,000 entering that year (and Caperelli would have been happy with double those numbers).

Hope this helps!

Return to Honorverse