Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests

Rachel Mayhew

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Rachel Mayhew
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:05 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:Hears a thought, Ms. Midshipwoman Joanna Winton and her treecat Jaeger.

I base this on what KRIII did earlier, namely after Elizabeth went to LUM instead of the military and her brother was encouraged into the RMN. I can see Prince Roger going to LUM also and his younger sister being encouraged to go to RMNA SI.

Do we know if Joanna even goes to Saganami Island? That said, sending her to "apprentice" or intern under Baroness Medusa might be an interesting proposition.
Post by Dauntless   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:32 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

have i missed something I thought Elizabeth and Justin were the only royals with cats?
Post by n7axw   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:44 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dauntless wrote:have i missed something I thought Elizabeth and Justin were the only royals with cats?

So far as we know, that is currently true.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Direwolf18   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:56 am

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

I admit I did a double take on the Joana thing, was like did I miss something?

And no to our knowledge none of the Winton Children have a treecat yet. The fact that Roger III doesn't at this point with as many treecats in the area, and the importance treecats put on making sure the High Clan has a partner, does not speak well of him. We know that he was in College in 1914 when he started dating Rivka, and its now 1922/1923. He has to be at least 26 years old, assuming they met freshman year, and he started college at 18. Thats getting up there for a crown prince to be catless...

Edit: For that matter how old is Joana? I am trying to figure out her first appearance and calculating age from there, but unless she is 8-9 years younger then she would be to old to be entering Saganami Island this year. I would feel like if she was already there it would have been mentioned, especially at the wedding. She would need to be born around A Short Victorious War to be entering the island right now as a normal 18 year old freshman.

Again my math is based off the assumption that kids go to college and join the military at 18.
Post by PeterZ   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:54 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

My assumption is both Joanna and Roger get treecats guards who are selected by senior memory singers for them. Given how well Ariel and Monroe know them, one must assume a very good chance exists for both pairs to bond. Both children would know sign and both have more experience communicating with 'cats than just about anyone who's not bonded.
Post by saber964   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:07 pm

saber964
Admiral

everyone remember that adoption by a treecat of children is rare most take place in early adulthood probably mid twenties to mid thirties.
Post by kenl511   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:04 pm

kenl511
Captain (Junior Grade)

Direwolf18 wrote:I admit I did a double take on the Joana thing, was like did I miss something?

And no to our knowledge none of the Winton Children have a treecat yet. The fact that Roger III doesn't at this point with as many treecats in the area, and the importance treecats put on making sure the High Clan has a partner, does not speak well of him. We know that he was in College in 1914 when he started dating Rivka, and its now 1922/1923. He has to be at least 26 years old, assuming they met freshman year, and he started college at 18. Thats getting up there for a crown prince to be catless...

Edit: For that matter how old is Joana? I am trying to figure out her first appearance and calculating age from there, but unless she is 8-9 years younger then she would be to old to be entering Saganami Island this year. I would feel like if she was already there it would have been mentioned, especially at the wedding. She would need to be born around A Short Victorious War to be entering the island right now as a normal 18 year old freshman.

Again my math is based off the assumption that kids go to college and join the military at 18.

I thought Monroe was was Roger III's bonded companion. Prince Roger has not been adopted by a treecat as of yet.
Post by pappilon   » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:34 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

I don't recall any textev that EIII's kids have ever been off Manticore. Not every royal has been adopted, I doubt its a blemish against his character. Mike hasn't ever been adopted either.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Dauntless   » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:53 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

pappilon wrote:I don't recall any textev that EIII's kids have ever been off Manticore. Not every royal has been adopted, I doubt its a blemish against his character. Mike hasn't ever been adopted either.

true but every one of the last 3 monarchs has bonded with a treecat. before that it was about every other generation since princess adrianne.

but the point about how much off planet time EIII kids have had is a good one. after all manticore has been at war almost constantly for the last 2 decades, with a foe who has shown a willingness to use assassins so I can see palace security being extra paranoid about off world visits even in system.

I mean look at what happened to elizabeth when she visited Yeltsin. now that was another system entirely with outside traditions and security to deal with but only luck stopped that from being much worse.

though arguably with EIII dead but crometry alive and mike's mother as regent the first war would have ended VERY differently.
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:26 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Dauntless wrote:
pappilon wrote:I don't recall any textev that EIII's kids have ever been off Manticore. Not every royal has been adopted, I doubt its a blemish against his character. Mike hasn't ever been adopted either.

true but every one of the last 3 monarchs has bonded with a treecat. before that it was about every other generation since princess adrianne.

but the point about how much off planet time EIII kids have had is a good one. after all manticore has been at war almost constantly for the last 2 decades, with a foe who has shown a willingness to use assassins so I can see palace security being extra paranoid about off world visits even in system.

I mean look at what happened to elizabeth when she visited Yeltsin. now that was another system entirely with outside traditions and security to deal with but only luck stopped that from being much worse.

though arguably with EIII dead but crometry alive and mike's mother as regent the first war would have ended VERY differently.

What stops the treecats sending bonding candidates to the royals? They have a perfectly good reason right now. I see no reason for them to alter their centuries long plan of bonding with the House of Winton.

Return to Honorverse