Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 42 guests

Uncompromising Honor, Snippet #5

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Uncompromising Honor, Snippet #5
Post by Loren Pechtel   » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:35 pm

Loren Pechtel
Rear Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Treading water with one's hands is a water polo trick. If her legs are supported, then the air in her lungs and a back and forth motion with her hands could keep her floating. Unless Honor can float without additional effort.

I've never played water polo but I've done the treading with one's hands bit. It takes less effort than using one's legs.
Post by pappilon   » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:03 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Loren Pechtel wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Treading water with one's hands is a water polo trick. If her legs are supported, then the air in her lungs and a back and forth motion with her hands could keep her floating. Unless Honor can float without additional effort.

I've never played water polo but I've done the treading with one's hands bit. It takes less effort than using one's legs.

And even easier in salt water than a swimming pool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:03 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Loren Pechtel wrote:

pappilon wrote:And even easier in salt water than a swimming pool.

Depends on what they use to keep that water clear, but yeah. Because its Honor's ship, I can see her supply officer use water treatment chemicals that will make it easier for her to float.

Return to Honorverse