Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests

Uncompromising Honor, another out of order snippet

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Uncompromising Honor, another out of order snippet
Post by n7axw   » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:01 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5100
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

Weird Harold wrote:
pappilon wrote:I'm not reading SOV quite that way. Invasion, sure, more a fact finding excursion, with the iron fist tucked provocatively into the leather glove.


Michelle's conquest of the Meyers system was primarily to remove the FF base and OFS governor closest to the Talbott Quadrant and source of most conflict with the SLN.

Fact finding was a distant concern as compared to neutralizing the threat from the SLN base.


It was also the liberaton of the Madras sector and taking the war to the enemy. More sectors to come...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: Uncompromising Honor, another out of order snippet
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 4300
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: "Lost Wages", NV

n7axw wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:Fact finding was a distant concern as compared to neutralizing the threat from the SLN base.


It was also the liberaton of the Madras sector and taking the war to the enemy. More sectors to come...

Don

-


Liberation of the Madras sector was just a side effect of neutralizing the FF base and arresting the OFS governor. 10th Fleet didn't really stick around to liberate the whole sector, only a small peace-keeping detachment to support the local government against FF ships returning from patrols was left behind.

IIRC, The restored Kingdom of Meyers got the assets of the FF base as the foundation of its SDF. Adm Thurston "defected" as did most of his subordinates.
.
.
.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Top
Re: Uncompromising Honor, another out of order snippet
Post by pappilon   » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Weird Harold wrote: Liberation of the Madras sector was just a side effect of neutralizing the FF base and arresting the OFS governor. 10th Fleet didn't really stick around to liberate the whole sector, only a small peace-keeping detachment to support the local government against FF ships returning from patrols was left behind.

IIRC, The restored Kingdom of Meyers got the assets of the FF base as the foundation of its SDF. Adm Thurston "defected" as did most of his subordinates.


1) To take the war to the league
2) To seek and destroy FF assets. She did send penny packets to other systeme where intel garnered from Meyers suggestedn they were.
3) To interrogate Junyan Hongbo & Lorcan Verrochio about any knowlege of the supposed Mesan Alliance.
4) Having found virtually nothing concrete about the MAlign except for implications of Mesan Corporations she.

5) Tucked her fleet into her diplomatic velvet glove and headed for Mesa.

More news at 11. Back to you, Don.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top
Re: Uncompromising Honor, another out of order snippet
Post by Eagleeye   » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:24 am

Eagleeye
Captain of the List

Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:41 am
Location: Halle/Saale, Germany

Weird Harold wrote:
IIRC, The restored Kingdom of Meyers got the assets of the FF base as the foundation of its SDF. Adm Thurston "defected" as did most of his subordinates.


We don't know, if Thurston defected. He surrendered; thats for sure - after all, he's FF, he has brains ... ;) But there's at least no textev regarding his defection I can remember. Last scene he was on screen was, as he got the call from Overstegen.
Top
Re: Uncompromising Honor, another out of order snippet
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:36 am

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Eagleeye wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:
IIRC, The restored Kingdom of Meyers got the assets of the FF base as the foundation of its SDF. Adm Thurston "defected" as did most of his subordinates.


We don't know, if Thurston defected. He surrendered; thats for sure - after all, he's FF, he has brains ... ;) But there's at least no textev regarding his defection I can remember. Last scene he was on screen was, as he got the call from Overstegen.


Thurston (Howell) is from Gilligan's Island. :)

Storm from the Shadows, pg 242 in MS Word wrote:Commodore Thurgood, the senior officer in Meyers prior to Admiral Byng's arrival
Top
Re: Uncompromising Honor, another out of order snippet
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:18 am

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Weird Harold wrote:
Snip

Liberation of the Madras sector was just a side effect of neutralizing the FF base and arresting the OFS governor. 10th Fleet didn't really stick around to liberate the whole sector, only a small peace-keeping detachment to support the local government against FF ships returning from patrols was left behind.

IIRC, The restored Kingdom of Meyers got the assets of the FF base as the foundation of its SDF. Adm Thurston "defected" as did most of his subordinates.


She used her light forces to take the rest of Madras. She ended up waiting for 2nd Fleet, but she did take the rest of the sector before she left for Mesa.

Rob

Shadow of Freedom, chap 36 wrote:From Commodore Thurgood’s records, she knew that none of the Madras Sector’s other star systems were even picketed. They were wide open, and she’d been considering the Gendarmerie’s reports on the populations of those star systems. It was unlikely any of the other systems would be able to assume the functions of self-government as smoothly and effectively as Meyers had, yet even in the case of McIntosh there was clearly at least a hub around which a government could coalesce.
SNIP

Bearing all of that in mind, she was confident she could sweep up the rest of the Madras Sector with no more than destroyers and possibly a few cruisers. And that, of course, left her battlecruisers, her CLACs, and her superdreadnoughts for something else.
She intended to use them.
Her orders and operations plan had been drafted. Within the next ten hours ships would be departing from Meyers for every other system in the Madras Sector, and two hours after that, everything except a minimal security force of three LAC squadrons would depart Meyers itself.


Shadow of Victory, chap 65 wrote:It was barely three weeks since the Myers System had surrendered, having shown unusual wisdom—for Sollies—by not forcing her to fire a shot. And despite a certain vengefulness where Solarians in general were concerned, Michelle Henke was just as happy not killing anyone she didn’t have to.
The other star systems of the Madras Sector had taken their cue from the capital, surrendering as soon as a few cruisers or destroyers arrived. In the space of less than a month, she’d taken the entire sector—the first time the Solarian League had ever lost control of even one star system to a hostile power. But that success had brought problems of its own.
Top
Re: Uncompromising Honor, another out of order snippet
Post by pappilon   » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:44 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Armed Neo-Bob wrote:
She used her light forces to take the rest of Madras. She ended up waiting for 2nd Fleet, but she did take the rest of the sector before she left for Mesa.

Rob


True enough, And Terekhov took care of the best part of what was not at Meyers when he showed up at Mobius and showed Fransesca Yucel the error of her ways.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top
Re: Uncompromising Honor, another out of order snippet
Post by Lunan   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 am

Lunan
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:06 am

not to mention Terekhov got one of thew best quotes in the entire series

pappilon wrote:
Armed Neo-Bob wrote:
She used her light forces to take the rest of Madras. She ended up waiting for 2nd Fleet, but she did take the rest of the sector before she left for Mesa.

Rob


True enough, And Terekhov took care of the best part of what was not at Meyers when he showed up at Mobius and showed Fransesca Yucel the error of her ways.
Top
Re: Uncompromising Honor, another out of order snippet
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:21 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10254
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Lunan, what exactly was that one-liner?

Is that the one that goes a little something like "Why do people like you think you're more ruthless than people like me?"

Was that Terekov?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Uncompromising Honor, another out of order snippet
Post by ldwechsler   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:37 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1025
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 12:15 pm

cthia wrote:Lunan, what exactly was that one-liner?

Is that the one that goes a little something like "Why do people like you think you're more ruthless than people like me?"

Was that Terekov?



It was. He was dealing with a lunatic dictator who had threatened to kill thousands of political prisoners.
Top

Return to Honorverse