Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 54 guests

Would you rather have ...

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Would you rather have ...
Post by JohnRoth   » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:08 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

cthia wrote:
TangoLima wrote:Actually snippets are mostly from already written books.

Before they could have become written, there had to be writing.

The inherent problem of studying the chickens and the eggs to determine which comes first will never be solved because we keep eating the chickens and the eggs.

What problem? Chickens evolved from earlier birds that laid eggs, so some bird that wasn't a chicken laid an egg that was a chicken. The egg came first. Simple, eh?
Re: Would you rather have ...
Post by cthia   » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:50 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
TangoLima wrote:Actually snippets are mostly from already written books.

Before they could have become written, there had to be writing.

The inherent problem of studying the chickens and the eggs to determine which comes first will never be solved because we keep eating the chickens and the eggs.
JohnRoth wrote:What problem? Chickens evolved from earlier birds that laid eggs, so some bird that wasn't a chicken laid an egg that was a chicken. The egg came first. Simple, eh?

LOL

We're still sitting on the egg John. Which came first, the earlier bird or the earlier egg?

I got an A in the 7th grade from a teacher who said my theory should stand until something better hatches. Which is as follows...

Since some fish can seemingly fly and since some birds can seemingly swim, I proposed that chickens were once fish. And a fish crawled out of the ocean and laid an egg. By the time the egg hatched the waters had receded and the hatchling said "To hell with it. I'll just remain on land."

Then they ran into man who hatched a plan to catch and eat them. They caught them by their necks and the exasperated chickens began excreting eggs out of fear. (A chicken's equivalent of shitting bricks)* So the fish came first.

*No, I didn't use shitting in class. We simply had to come up with any plan to show that we could think.

Though I received an A, mine wasn't the winning theory. Some brilliant girl suggested that eggs were the excrement of gods, the fruit of the gods mind you, who were visiting earth, and these turds hatched into frightened chickens abandoned by the gods to fend for themselves in the midst of hungry people. Hence, my theory stood until something better hatched. All of about five minutes.

I was so certain that my theory would win. My friends teased me forever that I was beaten by a girl with a turd.

BTW, the winning student got a bicycle.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse