Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests

SL Diplomacy

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: SL Diplomacy
Post by pappilon   » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:06 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

So ...The Mandarins think it a good idea to attack the infrastructure of non-aligned worlds trading with the GA? And, I suppose, they also find it a good idea to have the Ministry of Education and Indoctrination announce it to the galaxy at large?

Without it coming back to haunt them. Of course it won't. what good is it to send a message if no one gets the memo.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by ldwechsler   » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:37 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

pappilon wrote:So ...The Mandarins think it a good idea to attack the infrastructure of non-aligned worlds trading with the GA? And, I suppose, they also find it a good idea to have the Ministry of Education and Indoctrination announce it to the galaxy at large?

Without it coming back to haunt them. Of course it won't. what good is it to send a message if no one gets the memo.

I am sure it is not that simple and I would guess it won't be passed along like that. Media are expert in passing along news is ways that distort the issues. That's what they are there for these days.
Post by Fox2!   » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:45 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

Brigade XO wrote:[
The amount and frequency of wholesale slaughter with OFS/FF complicit in killing hundreds of thousand and millions of local inhabitants isn't getting skated over any more. The various governments of League member systems are going to start facing serious questions about what they are at least knowingly letting happen -without comment) or in some cases perhaps supporting by their own policies.

The answer to "What did you know and when did you know it" may mean the difference between spending the rest of your life in prison, and spending the rest of your life in an airlock.
Post by pappilon   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:12 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:
pappilon wrote:So ...The Mandarins think it a good idea to attack the infrastructure of non-aligned worlds trading with the GA? And, I suppose, they also find it a good idea to have the Ministry of Education and Indoctrination announce it to the galaxy at large?

I am sure it is not that simple and I would guess it won't be passed along like that. Media are expert in passing along news is ways that distort the issues. That's what they are there for these days.

So, what you are saying is that The Mandarins are going to brag to the universe that the Mighty Solarian League Navy, having perpetrated an act of war upon one Star nation, has repeated the action on yet another; and will visit death and destruction on any under-armed Star Nation that dares not side with them. The Old Bush Junior-ism: If you are not on my side you are the enemy.

I mean certainly "not as simple as that," but only the dumbest kindergartner won't get the message. Which will only serve to make Kolkoltsov's fear of making systems who have no SDF to actually create one to defend themselves from BF into a self-fulfilling prophecy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Honorverse