Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests

An out of order snippet which is NOT buttering Rose Up

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: An out of order snippet which is NOT buttering Rose Up
Post by WLBjork   » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:41 am

WLBjork
Commander

cthia wrote:Do forgive Johnny-come-lately, but what is the significance of the "S" :?:

Is it sign for "yes" :?:

snip

“I see Hamish and Emily have been good for the Beowulf side of you,” Allison said, and Nimitz laughed again, then raised his right hand — fingers closed to spell the letter “S” — and nodded it up and down in agreement.

snip

It is. I think this gets touched on in WoH.

As for that Vicar of Dibley scene, yes. I don't know how Emma Chambers managed to keep a straight face some of the things she was expected to do/say.
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:49 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Do forgive Johnny-come-lately, but what is the significance of the "S" :?:

Is it sign for "yes" :?:

snip

“I see Hamish and Emily have been good for the Beowulf side of you,” Allison said, and Nimitz laughed again, then raised his right hand — fingers closed to spell the letter “S” — and nodded it up and down in agreement.

snip
WLBjork wrote:It is. I think this gets touched on in WoH.

As for that Vicar of Dibley scene, yes. I don't know how Emma Chambers managed to keep a straight face some of the things she was expected to do/say.

I would imagine she managed it only after many cuts and takes...

Cut! ... Take 59. LOL

The "S" slipped past me in WoH as well. Thanks.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by TangoLima   » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:22 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Barely a dab/pat of butter.
Yet I am thankful anyway.
Post by pappilon   » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:25 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

WLBjork wrote: Do forgive Johnny-come-lately, but what is the significance of the "S" :?:

snip

It is. I think this gets touched on in WoH.

Not sure where but the TSL for yes is the sign for Y + a nod of the head. The Vicar Dibley reference passed over my head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by WLBjork   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:18 pm

WLBjork
Commander

pappilon wrote:Not sure where but the TSL for yes is the sign for Y + a nod of the head. The Vicar Dibley reference passed over my head.

Indirectly it cone from RFCs title for this thread.

Cthia posted a "I can't believe it's not butter" link.

I responded with the "I can't believe it's not butter" scene from the Vicar of Dibley, then added a couple more comments in passing to Cthia.

Return to Honorverse