Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny, ThinksMarkedly and 41 guests

An out of order snippet which is NOT buttering Rose Up

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
An out of order snippet which is NOT buttering Rose Up
Post by runsforcelery   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:13 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

I have absolutely no fear that Rose will hurt me for any character (Havenite or non-Havenite) who might somehow, accidentally, purely by chance depart this mortal vale in the course of the new book. As such, there is obviously no reason for me to butter her up in any way, shape, or form, so that is not what I am doing. :P

“And thank you for letting us use the house tonight,” Allison continued as they started up the magnificent winding staircase. “We really appreciate it.”

“Mother, this is your and Dad’s house now, a lot more than it’s mine. I believe I’ve told you that no more than, oh, five or six thousand times. It’s got more rooms than most hotels, and as long as Hamish, Emily, and I have a modest little six or seven-room suite in which to hang our berets, I think we can consider our housing needs adequately met whenever two or three of us happen to be in Landing at the same time. Which, unfortunately, isn’t happening all that often just now.”

“I understand that. No, really — I do!” Allison waved her free hand as Honor bent a skeptical eye upon her. “But it’s also Steadholder Harrington’s official residence and Harrington Steading’s embassy in the Star Empire. Under the circumstances, I don’t think we should be throwing any drunken orgies without clearing it with you first.”

“Your very own drunken orgy? How exciting! Are Hamish and I invited?”

Something very like a smothered chuckle escaped one of the Graysons behind her.

“No, dear.” Allison patted her hand. “The drunken orgy is private, after the party. I was only using it as an example.”

“Darn. And I was so looking forward to it.”

“I see Hamish and Emily have been good for the Beowulf side of you,” Allison said, and Nimitz laughed again, then raised his right hand — fingers closed to spell the letter “S” — and nodded it up and down in agreement.

“I’ll admit they’ve helped me face my inner Beowulf,” Honor acknowledged. “It’s even possible the rest of the universe will forgive them for that . . . someday.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Re: An out of order snippet which is NOT buttering Rose Up
Post by TangoLima   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:27 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Maybe you could offer her a job as a 'shipping' agent for
the Hauptman cartel.
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:21 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

If this is RFC not buttering me up, I hope he continues to not butter me up for the foreseeable future. :lol: :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:40 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:If this is RFC not buttering me up, I hope he continues to not butter me up for the foreseeable future. :lol: :mrgreen:

Again, I can't believe it's not butter. :D

Good to know Honor's not such a straight laced prude anymore and has gotten in touch with her inherited uninhibited side. And now she knows how to Be-a-wolf! Poor Hamish, having to listen to Honor and Ally.

I'd bet the farm we have Emily to thank for that.

"Honor, you've been away for months now. Do shut up and get in there and jump Hamish's bones!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by TangoLima   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:22 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Big C you are funny.

At least is hasn't sunk to last tango in Nouveau Paris.
Post by NervousEnergy   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:09 pm

NervousEnergy
Captain (Junior Grade)

Oh my... this means someone fairly popular is destined to wear the Red Shirt in this volume...
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:29 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

NervousEnergy wrote:Oh my... this means someone fairly popular is destined to wear the Red Shirt in this volume...

Um, fairly popular?

I beg your pardon. 8-)

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by WLBjork   » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:42 am

WLBjork
Commander

cthia wrote:
roseandheather wrote:If this is RFC not buttering me up, I hope he continues to not butter me up for the foreseeable future. :lol: :mrgreen:

Good to know Honor's not such a straight laced prude anymore and has gotten in touch with her inherited uninhibited side. And now she knows how to Be-a-wolf! Poor Hamish, having to listen to Honor and Ally.

"Honor, you've been away for months now. Do shut up and get in there and jump Hamish's bones!"

You know I can't believe it's not butter?

Yes, it does indeed sound like Hamish and Emily are helping Honor become more...liberated :D
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:04 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:

WLBjork wrote:You know I can't believe it's not butter?

Yes, it does indeed sound like Hamish and Emily are helping Honor become more...liberated :D

OMG, I never saw that version. ROTFL! Hilarious! :lol:
Make it stop! :lol:
Thanks for an early morning side-o-splitter for breakfast! :lol:

Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Do forgive Johnny-come-lately, but what is the significance of the "S" :?:

Is it sign for "yes" :?:

snip

“I see Hamish and Emily have been good for the Beowulf side of you,” Allison said, and Nimitz laughed again, then raised his right hand — fingers closed to spell the letter “S” — and nodded it up and down in agreement.

snip

Return to Honorverse