Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 22 guests

Treecat POV Books Query

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Treecat POV Books Query
Post by Jeslis   » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:25 pm

Jeslis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Hiyas all.

This is basically a 'check' to make sure I haven't missed any of these (or novella/short story versions)

The ones I am aware of/own/have read, in no particular order:

- The trilogy 'A Beautiful Friendship, Fire Season, Treecat Wars'
- Fisher and his adoption.. the 2nd one ever?
- The first Princess/Queen to be bonded.. assassination prevented story.
- Fisher and the first 'casualty' among treecats, from humans. ((Poisoned land//loss of entire clan? bonded treecats human died, but cat did not suicide and instead lead Fisher/Bonded human whose name I forget to the culprit.. First 'telepathic' information share from cat to human.))
- The assassination story of Queen Elizabeth's father and.. Monroe? (Treecats name I believe)
- The emigration story. ((the 'invasion' of treecats to Grayson))

Are there any more that I am missing from this list?

In general I am looking for Treecat POVs. The entire story/book doesn't have to be entirely treecat oriented.

And lastly, to anyone 'in the know'.. are more stories (even short ones) from a Treecats POV something that Mr. Weber is considering?
Re: Treecat POV Books Query
Post by Eagleeye   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:29 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

You missed Honors adoptation story (in the 6th anthology).

But more POV-stories (or situations with treecat-POV) I can't remember, too. Oh, there 're a hell of a lot of situations with treecats in prominent roles (Assasination attempt of Queen Berry; the revelation of Theismans and Pritchards treecat-names; the adoption of Protector Benjamins daughter or of Miranda LaFollet ...) but that are all situations without a treecat-POV (as far as I remember)
Post by Jeslis   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:36 am

Jeslis

I should have mentioned that I have, of course, read all the main story lines (and the 2 'trilogies' involving Torch, and Cachat (sp?) spycraft stuff.)...

So everything other than Honors adoption I have read as well.

Drat.

Was hoping there was several more out there :(
Post by George J. Smith   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:42 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

There is also the story in one of the anthologies, of Nimitz & Samantha visiting Nimitz's clan and discussing how the clans should go forward prior to their move to Grayson with the kits and a number of older 'cats.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Jeslis   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Jeslis

Sorry - are you saying there is a separate story involving Nimitz and Sam regarding the move to Grayson? I have read the 'move to Grayson' short story from the treecats POV, which did involve Nimitz and Sam... is this one and the same, or something different?
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Jeslis wrote:Sorry - are you saying there is a separate story involving Nimitz and Sam regarding the move to Grayson? I have read the 'move to Grayson' short story from the treecats POV, which did involve Nimitz and Sam... is this one and the same, or something different?

The name of the short story is "Changer of Worlds" from the anthology of the same name. It covers the discussion of "going public" with their real abilities and the decision to take the kits to Grayson. It does not cover the actual move. That is depicted in one of the mainline novels.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by saber964   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:41 pm

saber964
Admiral

There are several Treecat POV books and novellas.
Nimitz and Samantha colonizing Grayson is Changer of World's
The second adoption is The Stray
The attempted assassination of Princess Adrienne is What Price Dreams
KRIII assassination is Queens Gambit.

Return to Honorverse