Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 29 guests

The logistics of SLN commerce raiding

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The logistics of SLN commerce raiding
Post by Maldorian   » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 am

Maldorian
Captain (Junior Grade)

You are talking about travelling people, what is with goods? Raw materials and final products?

The people maybe don´t care if they couldn´t leave their planets, but if the stores get empty of goods or your company fires you, because they don´t get any raw materials any more and stop producing goods, that cares the people!

The lack of goods you can buy was one of the reasons, why the people wanted to leave the east block.
Post by phillies   » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm

phillies
Admiral

Relax wrote "
An aside:
I get a good laugh at the Europeans who say they travel."

Indeed, European countries are tiny relative to the United States. From Gibraltar to Vilnius is hundreds of miles less than San Diego to Bangor, and in the former you travel through a considerable number of countries.

On the other hand, many Americans have passports and almost never use them. I have one I got several years ago. It is locked up in a safe location. I have never used it, and I am fairly close to Canada.
Post by cthia   » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

phillies wrote:Relax wrote "
An aside:
I get a good laugh at the Europeans who say they travel."

Indeed, European countries are tiny relative to the United States. From Gibraltar to Vilnius is hundreds of miles less than San Diego to Bangor, and in the former you travel through a considerable number of countries.

On the other hand, many Americans have passports and almost never use them. I have one I got several years ago. It is locked up in a safe location. I have never used it, and I am fairly close to Canada.

Europeans travel a lot more than you think if you define travel as entering another country.

Many Europeans can cover several countries in a day. Depending on location, some can traverse 18 countries in less than 24 hrs. Factoring in how breathtakingly beautiful Europe is, I can understand the contentment and simply a passing curiosity of the Western World.

I cover st least 3 countries on each trip to Europe, mostly.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse