Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 165 guests

10th fleet to&e

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
10th fleet to&e
Post by hairbear541   » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:26 pm

hairbear541
Ensign

trying to get a better feel for the size 10th fleet pre-myer's .
ship types
sd(p)
sd
ca
cl
dd
lac

used to be able to not be sucked into the story and jot down most of relivant details , but age does things to ones concentration .
could someone help me please ?
Re: 10th fleet to&e
Post by Theemile   » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

hairbear541 wrote:trying to get a better feel for the size 10th fleet pre-myer's .
ship types
sd(p)
sd
ca
cl
dd
lac

used to be able to not be sucked into the story and jot down most of relivant details , but age does things to ones concentration .
could someone help me please ?

Pre-Meyers, Mike had

20 Medusa-A SD(p) without Keyholes
20 CLACs (Minotaur/Wayvern)
16 Nike class BCl
12 Sag-C class CAl
13 Roland DDl

I"m not certain if Khumalo's initial ~20 surviving ships were considered part of 10th fleet.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by hairbear541   » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:35 am

hairbear541
Ensign

thanks Theemile , it had really bugged me about what sort of force mike had there in the talbot quadrant .
wasn't she also supposed to have several squadrons of lacs per system for local self defense .
many thanks again .
Post by munroburton   » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:01 am

munroburton
Admiral

hairbear541 wrote:thanks Theemile , it had really bugged me about what sort of force mike had there in the talbot quadrant .
wasn't she also supposed to have several squadrons of lacs per system for local self defense .
many thanks again .

Aye, there were CLACs delivering LAC groups to various systems in the Quadrant, which Henke commandeered at one point. However, I'm pretty sure local defense forces were part of the Talbott Station command, therefore these LACs would report to Admiral Khumalo instead of Henke.
Post by Theemile   » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

hairbear541 wrote:thanks Theemile , it had really bugged me about what sort of force mike had there in the talbot quadrant .
many thanks again .

The original plan was a wing per system or more - they were getting shipped in while the Battle of Spindle was going on, and 4 CLACs were held up for the battle. After BoMa, and the defensive fleet loss, followed by the Yawatta Strike, and the production loss, the in-system defenses for Talbott were scaled back to several squadrons each for the time being. The systems were assigned physical basing, not a CLAC, so they are not strategic units. I'm not certain if the system defense LACS are part of 10th fleet, or the Talbott Station forces . (10 fleet was assigned to Talbott station, but forces at Talbott station are not necessarily part of 10th fleet.)
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Gun Boat Diplomacy   » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Gun Boat Diplomacy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

When Talbot Quadrant became 10th Fleets HQ all Navy ships in that area of operation became part of the 10th. I wouldn't think that SDF's would fall into that category until they were absorbed into the Navy properly. just my 2 cents

Return to Honorverse