Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tlb and 107 guests

WHAT WILL SHE WAVE

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: WHAT WILL SHE WAVE
Post by Fox2!   » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:35 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

saber964 wrote:Suggest you look at House of Steel it has several flags in it. IIRC the Star Kingdom of Manticore is the SKM's coat of arms on a read background. The Star Empire of Manticore is a smaller coat of arms and a representation of the MWJ and it's terminus.

The SEM flag has a larger star for those terminii that are part of the Imperium (Basilisk, Trevor's Star, Lynx) than for those that are not (Gregor, Matapan, Beowulf, Hennesy).
Post by n7axw   » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:44 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
saber964 wrote:Suggest you look at House of Steel it has several flags in it. IIRC the Star Kingdom of Manticore is the SKM's coat of arms on a read background. The Star Empire of Manticore is a smaller coat of arms and a representation of the MWJ and it's terminus. Grayson's flag is a open Bible with crossed swords on a blue background.

And speculating about the Kingdom of Torch flag. I like the idea of a flaming torch held up by a hand with shackle around the wrist with a short length of broken chain on a black background.

Thanks saber. I don't even have House of Steel. I keep forgetting it because my two bookstores couldn't seem to keep it after it arrived. And because I thought it simply contained all of the technical stuff that I'm totally uninterested in. Like the number of missile tubes per class of ship, etc.

Make that two books I haven't read. House of Steel and Shadow of Victory. Oh well.

A damn good guess I made about Grayson's flag, though that one is pretty much intuitive.

Torch's seem to be clear-cut as well, yet Beowulf and the Andermani are tough. Though I'll stick with some variation of the Beowulf symbol for sex for now.

Actually, the story of Elizabeth''s dad, King Roger, is in there along with the other stuff. Great read...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TangoLima   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:28 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

HOS has the Protector's flag.
I imagine each steading has it's own.

Return to Honorverse