Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], ThinksMarkedly and 38 guests

Cooling down the Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Cooling down the Honorverse
Post by robert132   » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:28 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

Daryl wrote:I won't do the maths, but in a universe where the energy can be found to accelerate a 6MT space ship at 500gs indefinitely, or a hand held pulsar can rapidly fire darts each of which has the energy of a 50 cal round (without breaking the shooter's wrist), I don't quibble about trifling things like waste heat. Presumably it gets dumped in where ever the energy came from.

Whaaa, you've never heard of "conservation of energy?" :o ;)

Couldn't resist, sorry (but not much.) :P

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Re: Cooling down the Honorverse
Post by cthia   » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:01 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Of course, none of this applies to Tepes. Tepes was so insanely cold with such a coldhearted bitch onboard, that there was no waste heat. It was all vented inside of the ship and it was still teeth chatteringly cold onboard! It was never actually comfortable aboard Ransom's ship.

Ever heard the term, "When hell freezes over?" Well it did when Ransom visited.

Cordelia Ransom defied the laws of thermodynamics. She could only be defeated by the supernatural. A tac-witch.

But, say what you might about the girl, they never had a problem with waste heat aboard Tepes.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse