Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 33 guests

Which Actor?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Which Actor?
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Just imagine this exotic look and the long hair in a Grayson grown and everyone will want to be-holding the Steadholder.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:13 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Given Ms. Gadot's long-ish nose, I can see her made up to suggest just a tad of Honor's awkward appearance from her youth. Starting the first few films emphasizing that awkwardness would sell the deal to the viewer. That's necessary for the entire progression of the love life sub-plot in the series.

She is tall enough to convey Honor's stature. Athletic enough to convey her physical lethality. All in all, this is a very good choice.
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:40 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Given Ms. Gadot's long-ish nose, I can see her made up to suggest just a tad of Honor's awkward appearance from her youth. Starting the first few films emphasizing that awkwardness would sell the deal to the viewer. That's necessary for the entire progression of the love life sub-plot in the series.

She is tall enough to convey Honor's stature. Athletic enough to convey her physical lethality. All in all, this is a very good choice.

........I want this movie now. GAL GADOT IN ALL THE THINGS. Hurry up, Hollywood! Sign a deal before the DCEU steals her away forever!
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:02 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Given Ms. Gadot's long-ish nose, I can see her made up to suggest just a tad of Honor's awkward appearance from her youth. Starting the first few films emphasizing that awkwardness would sell the deal to the viewer. That's necessary for the entire progression of the love life sub-plot in the series.

Brilliant Peter! Simply brilliant! The one thing I imagine wrong with the gal is too much of a sprinkling of beauty, and I couldn't imagine how they might make her look like an unattractive gawking horse. :roll:

Not dumb her down, but bum her down -- as my sisters are fond of saying. They couldn't employ the usual -- glasses and unkempt hair as they did with Anne Hathaway in Princess Diaries, as Honor doesn't wear glasses. But, you've nailed it. They can play to the longish nose and have her grow into it over time. Good call.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:25 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Brilliant Peter! Simply brilliant! The one thing I imagine wrong with the gal is too much of a sprinkling of beauty, and I couldn't imagine how they might make her look like an unattractive gawking horse. :roll:

Not dumb her down, but bum her down -- as my sisters are fond of saying. They couldn't employ the usual -- glasses and unkempt hair as they did with Anne Hathaway in Princess Diaries, as Honor doesn't wear glasses. But, you've nailed it. They can play to the longish nose and have her grow into it over time. Good call.

If her hair was pulled back or cut short and slicked back, the nose is emphasized. Lighter shades of base makeup to contrast with her dark hair and the angles of her face get really pronounced. After Honor of the Queen and her recovery spent sailing and all that other outdoorsy stuff she hadn't been able to do because of her naval career, darken her complexion and reduce the unflattering contrasts.

The tough part for any attractive actress is selling the "just one of the guys" self image Honor fosters in her early career.
Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:12 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
cthia wrote:Brilliant Peter! Simply brilliant! The one thing I imagine wrong with the gal is too much of a sprinkling of beauty, and I couldn't imagine how they might make her look like an unattractive gawking horse. :roll:

If her hair was pulled back or cut short and slicked back, the nose is emphasized. Lighter shades of base makeup to contrast with her dark hair and the angles of her face get really pronounced. After Honor of the Queen and her recovery spent sailing and all that other outdoorsy stuff she hadn't been able to do because of her naval career, darken her complexion and reduce the unflattering contrasts.

The tough part for any attractive actress is selling the "just one of the guys" self image Honor fosters in her early career.

Yes indeed, I can see that. I think you missed your calling, PeterZ.

I might add that Gal was a bit on the frail side before filming and endured a regimen of muscle building exercises and consumed a 1000 calories a day to bulk up. She was a lot thicker in Wonder Woman than in any of her other roles. I suppose they could do the opposite for certain scenes in the role as Honor, to keep her a frail, long-legged gawking horse before bulking her up again at the right time.

Post by PeterZ   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:26 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Yes indeed, I can see that. I think you missed your calling, PeterZ.

I might add that Gal was a bit on the frail side before filming and endured a regimen of muscle building exercises and consumed a 1000 calories a day to bulk up. She was a lot thicker in Wonder Woman than in any of her other roles. I suppose they could do the opposite for certain scenes in the role as Honor, to keep her a frail, long-legged gawking horse before bulking her up again at the right time.

Honor was never frail. All knees and elbows doesn't mean long, lanky and awkward. 3rd gen prolong and spent the years in the Academy kicking a$$ in coup de vitesse. She gave up the marksmanship team for H2H combat. Let's keep Gal bulked up for her upcoming role.

Btw, when is the movie again?
Post by robert132   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:09 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:Yes indeed, I can see that. I think you missed your calling, PeterZ.

She certainly carried off that role well in both WW and BvS, even to the point of doing most of her own stunt work.

Her military training and discipline served her well in the body building regimen as did her training as a dancer when it came down to learning the sword and shield work ("it's just choreography" she said in an interview.) She also said the hardest part was learning to ride that horse for WW. :shock:

I got the impression in both films that she was enjoying the role.

My sister and others had problems with Gal's physical appearance, she's not nearly as buxom as Lynda Carter. Lynda's not an athlete and you really have to be one to portray many of the DC and Marvel superheroes.

Gal Gadot as Honor Harrington? Yeah, I can see it. Good call guys.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:15 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

robert132 wrote:

She certainly carried off that role well in both WW and BvS, even to the point of doing most of her own stunt work.

Her military training and discipline served her well in the body building regimen as did her training as a dancer when it came down to learning the sword and shield work ("it's just choreography" she said in an interview.) She also said the hardest part was learning to ride that horse for WW. :shock:

My sister and others had problems with Gal's physical appearance, she's not nearly as buxom as Lynda Carter. Lynda's not an athlete and you really have to be one to portray many of the DC and Marvel superheroes.

A few of my friends didn't approve of her for the role for the same reason -- not buxom enough. But then I told them that actual Amazons only had one breast. So, accumulatively, I suppose Gal fits the bill.

At any rate, after seeing the movie they are all believers. I swear, it was as if she was born to play that role. She silenced all naysayers, which were many when news first hit of her casting. Even her Jewish heritage was balked at.

She has laid it all to rest. The scene in which she says "No, that is what I am going to do." OMG! Wonder Woman incarnate.

Post by robert132   » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:12 am

robert132
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:She certainly carried off that role well in both WW and BvS, even to the point of doing most of her own stunt work.

A few of my friends didn't approve of her for the role for the same reason -- not buxom enough. But then I told them that actual Amazons only had one breast. So, accumulatively, I suppose Gal fits the bill.

At any rate, after seeing the movie they are all believers. I swear, it was as if she was born to play that role. She silenced all naysayers, which were many when news first hit of her casting. Even her Jewish heritage was balked at.

She has laid it all to rest. The scene in which she says "No, that is what I am going to do." OMG! Wonder Woman incarnate.[/quote]

Lynda Carter had one complaint about the WW costume she had to wear. It kept SLIPPING DOWN forcing her to stop and readjust, sometimes in the middle of an action scene or even just as she finishes her "twirl" (she's often seen doing it on camera,) otherwise she'd be giving the camera and crew an unintentional "show" as she "fell" out of the top. :shock:

While Gal isn't flat chested she doesn't appear to have nearly as much trouble. ;)

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.

Return to Honorverse