Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

Which Actor?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Which Actor?
Post by jdtinIA   » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:35 pm

jdtinIA
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Robert Downey Jr. as Rob S. Pierre.
Ed Oniel (sp)(guy from Modern Family) as Augustus.
Dwayne Johnson as Paul Tankersley.
Nathan Fillion as Young. Hey it would be a change of pace to be a bad guy for a change.
Adam Baldwin as White Haven.
Post by ldwechsler   » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:50 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

jdtinIA wrote:Robert Downey Jr. as Rob S. Pierre.
Nathan Fillion as Young. Hey it would be a change of pace to be a bad guy for a change.

As stated (by me primarily) why are we projecting top actors in very small roles?

Do you really think Downey, who gets about 20 million per movie, is going to take a really small part in a TV series?

The same for the others. For parts like this, there are plenty of good character actors.
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:43 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:

As stated (by me primarily) why are we projecting top actors in very small roles?

Do you really think Downey, who gets about 20 million per movie, is going to take a really small part in a TV series?

The same for the others. For parts like this, there are plenty of good character actors.

Ever heard of for sheer fun? Well how about for entertainment... frolic, amusement, recreation, distraction, cheer, whoopee, merriment, diversion, sport, gamefulness, playfulness?

or wishful thinking?...

or...

just for the damn hell of it.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by jdtinIA   » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:22 pm

jdtinIA

ldwechsler wrote:

Ask Roger Moore why he did Ffolkes. You'll need an ouija board, or you can look up the interview.
Besides, without dreams what is a man?
Post by dlewis0160   » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:24 pm

dlewis0160

I got one....Melissa Rauch from The Big Bang Theory as Cordelia Ransom :shock:
Post by robert132   » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:28 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

dlewis0160 wrote:I got one....Melissa Rauch from The Big Bang Theory as Cordelia Ransom :shock:

Interesting choice, I never would have thought of her for the role. I think she could handle it and have fun doing it.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by dlewis0160   » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:59 pm

dlewis0160

when I re-read this it just jumped out at me

She was shorter than he'd thought.

Theisman felt a flicker of surprise at the prosaic nature of his own observation as Cordelia Ransom stepped into his office. It seemed so . . . inappropriate, somehow, to think about a thing like that at a time like this. Yet it was true, and as he rose to greet her, it occurred to him that his surprise might say something significant about her. Her HD appearances had led him to expect someone at least ten centimeters taller, and it must have taken careful camera work and editing to create that impression. That sort of trick wasn't complicated, but it didn't happen by accident, and he wondered why it was important to her.

Her eyes were as blue as his own, though darker. They were also much colder and flatter than they appeared on HD, but that, at least, was no surprise. Unfortunately. Different personalities sought power for different reasons, and it gave him very little satisfaction to realize he'd been right about what had driven Ransom to seek it, but he could hardly call it a surprise......

"Citizen Committeewoman," Theisman said, reaching out to take her hand as her guards settled into place. "Welcome to the Barnett System. I trust you'll enjoy your visit."

"Thank you, Citizen Admiral," she replied. Her small hand felt inappropriately warm and delicate for the spokeswoman for the Committee of Public Safety's terrorism. Theisman's subconscious had expected it to feel cold and clawlike, but it didn't, and she smiled at him. Which, if she was trying to charm him, was a mistake. She was an attractive woman in many ways, yet coupled with those flat blue eyes, the small, white teeth her smile exposed made Theisman think of a Thalassian neoshark.
Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:15 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Agreement about Gal Gadot as a 'not too far from ideal' choice for Honor, but thereafter, hmmm. Close to Honor: Jeremy Renner as Andrew Lafollet. Bernard Hill as Protector Benjamin. Sam Worthington as Alistair McKeon. Taye Diggs as Tankersley, though he might be too tall.

Ah-nuld as Chien Lu Rabenstrange, anyone?

Given the "French" connection -- Victor speaking with a strong accent from Noveau Paris: Natalie Portman as Prichart? granted she's not ideal, but who is?

Luvia Peterson as Ginger Lewis. Will Estes as Wanderman AFTER Wayfarer. Probably makes Liam Hensworth Gunny Hallowell, btw.

Christian Bale as Kevin Usher. Not coming up with a great Ginny but Anna Sophia Robb is tiny enough and has aged up nicely from her younger days. Keep in mind she has to be able to taunt but feel safe with Black Victor, so she has to have both sass AND innocence. For Thandi and Victor... I got nuttin... yet.

Thinking I'd spoke the wheel against a couple current mentions in stated roles:

--Zoe is too light-skinned to play Henke, but probably just right for Elizabeth. Lupita Nyong'o is Henke, definitely.

--Robert Downey as Rob Pierre is less interesting to me a Pierre than as Theismann. Ken Branagh as Rob Pierre, instead?

--Dwayne Johnson. Mateo Gutierrez or Tomas Ramirez, as the San Martinos need to make even Honor appear shrimpy, and Gal Gadot is 5'10.

--Tom Selleck falls out because of his height from most roles and age, so he becomes Alfred Harrington [later books] by default with Lucy Liu as Allison, perhaps?

That's all I got, for now.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:48 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Sorry, Charlize Theron is perfect for Pritchart. She can play a passionate ice princess with scruples that will kill at need. Heck, will commit murder at need.

Ginger Lewis is more a Rose Leslie. Not a classic beauty, but beautiful none the less and quirky enough to pull off that Lewis personality.

Maisie Williams as Hellen Zilwicki.

Rhona Mitra as Anisimovna or Bardasano.
Post by dscott8   » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:21 am

dscott8
Commodore

SharkHunter wrote:--Tom Selleck falls out because of his height from most roles and age, so he becomes Alfred Harrington [later books] by default with Lucy Liu as Allison, perhaps?

I envisioned Alfred Harrington being played by British TV presenter Richard Osman (six feet seven inches).

Return to Honorverse