Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests

Which Actor?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Which Actor?
Post by Rincewind   » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

robert132 wrote:
dlewis0160 wrote:I got one....Melissa Rauch from The Big Bang Theory as Cordelia Ransom :shock:

Interesting choice, I never would have thought of her for the role. I think she could handle it and have fun doing it.

I dunno about not being suitable. She seems plenty scary enough to me!
Post by robert132   » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:45 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

Rincewind wrote:I dunno about not being suitable. She seems plenty scary enough to me!

I didn't say she wouldn't be suitable, it just hadn't dawned on me until then.

Actually, given the voice work she's done I think she'd make an excellent Cordelia Ransom. You should hear her doing "Harley Quinn" in the new Batman animated movie "Batman and Harley Quinn," you can catch snippets and teasers on YouTube.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:49 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

robert132 wrote:
dlewis0160 wrote:I got one....Melissa Rauch from The Big Bang Theory as Cordelia Ransom :shock:

Interesting choice, I never would have thought of her for the role. I think she could handle it and have fun doing it.

It is an interesting choice. I admit it didn't sit well with me at first. But after stirring the thought up, I think it's a brilliant cast. I think the Big Bang type cast overwhelmed me.

As a matter of fact, I think she has the potential to be a perfect cast! Well done. Great eye.

I've got one for y'all. Another stumper for me. Can anyone figure on a Dimitri Young? Or an Emily Alexander?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Henry Brown   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

Let me preface this by saying she is a singer, not an actress. That being said, the closest physical match for Honor Harrington I am aware of is a Dutch singer named Floor Jansen (currently with the band Nightwish). She's 6' 1" and has a trim but athletic build. Natural brown hair (though she often has it dyed black) and like Honor her voice is a soprano. And based on the way she moves on a stage, I could see her pulling off coup de vitesse. Though she does miss on the eyes, hers are blue.
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:26 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Henry Brown wrote:Let me preface this by saying she is a singer, not an actress. That being said, the closest physical match for Honor Harrington I am aware of is a Dutch singer named Floor Jansen (currently with the band Nightwish). She's 6' 1" and has a trim but athletic build. Natural brown hair (though she often has it dyed black) and like Honor her voice is a soprano. And based on the way she moves on a stage, I could see her pulling off coup de vitesse. Though she does miss on the eyes, hers are blue.

Helen Zilwicki? Yes. Honor Harrington? NO!
Post by ldwechsler   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:53 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
Henry Brown wrote:Let me preface this by saying she is a singer, not an actress. That being said, the closest physical match for Honor Harrington I am aware of is a Dutch singer named Floor Jansen (currently with the band Nightwish). She's 6' 1" and has a trim but athletic build. Natural brown hair (though she often has it dyed black) and like Honor her voice is a soprano. And based on the way she moves on a stage, I could see her pulling off coup de vitesse. Though she does miss on the eyes, hers are blue.

Why do we torment ourselves? If this is done, actors will be chosen. Note that someone who is well known is not all that likely to take a part that is limited in range and is around for a short amount of time.
Putting fairly well-known people in tiny roles is a waste of time.
Chances are a couple of the major figures will be known a bit.

Also note that some of the key players don't really come on much until far later. Hamish is a minor character for the first half dozen books. Alistair is important at the start but soon gets his own ship and then becomes a supporting player. The Queen shows up for a scene every once in a while.

That generally means good but not really well known actors.
Post by cthia   » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:44 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Ok, one more time for you stubborn naysayers. Will the real Honor Harrington...

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please! ... stand up!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:13 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

These are the looong legs that the Graysons saw...

Just for a bonus.

As far as any remaining naysayers... Vive la France!

Post by ldwechsler   » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:13 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:These are the looong legs that the Graysons saw...

Just for a bonus.

As far as any remaining naysayers... Vive la France!

Frankly I want an Honor series so much I would take Melissa Rautch, squeaky voice and all, as Honor. Well, maybe not going that far.

Let's face it. Whoever is chosen we'll all be excited just to have the series. If it's good, we'll wind up assuming that
Honor looks like the actress.

Look at it this way. On Game of Thrones, Arya Stark is supposed to be tall and homely. Supposed to look a lot like her father.
She is play by five foot nothing adorable Maisie Williams. It has not weakened that show.
Post by Fox2!   » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

PeterZ wrote:

Helen Zilwicki? Yes. Honor Harrington? NO!

I thought Helen took after her parents. Anton is universally described as "dwarven." I don't think there's any text for how tall Helen mere was. An actress who could play Honor is probably a half-foot (or more) too tall to play Helen. Or have I missed something?

Return to Honorverse