Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Which Actor?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Which Actor?
Post by Gun Boat Diplomacy   » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:33 pm

Gun Boat Diplomacy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I have read and re-read every book in the Honorverse series and usually while I might have a notion in my head what they look and sound like, I don't equate them with real life people. Until today, that is. I'm re-re-re-reading Shadow of Saganami and realized that David Carradine would make a great Stephan Westman.
Any thoughts about who you associate Honorverse characters with?
Re: Which Actor?
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:45 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Gun Boat Diplomacy wrote:I have read and re-read every book in the Honorverse series and usually while I might have a notion in my head what they look and sound like, I don't equate them with real life people. Until today, that is. I'm re-re-re-reading Shadow of Saganami and realized that David Carradine would make a great Stephan Westman.
Any thoughts about who you associate Honorverse characters with?

I think Bradley Cooper for Westman and Chris Hemsworth for Aivars Terekof. Both look young enough for prolong recipients, both are tall blonds.

Lilly James as Abigail Hearns. Zoe Saldana as Mike Henke. Karen Gillan can pull off Naomi Kaplan quite well.
Post by elm15801   » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:19 pm

elm15801
Midshipman

Not to rain on your parade, but David Carradine died in 2009
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." -Charles Schultz
Post by Lord Skimper   » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

I keep forgetting Prolong and have various older characters in mind in age appropriate visuals. I don't have specific people in mind.
Post by Theemile   » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Lord Skimper wrote:I keep forgetting Prolong and have various older characters in mind in age appropriate visuals. I don't have specific people in mind.

Yeah, to find the proper actors for most parts, we really need to look to the Disney Channel or a High School drama for most of the characters which are 3rd gen prolong. 1st and 2nd gen prolong characters would all look like they were in their 20s or early thirties. So senior admirals like Caparelli and White Haven may look to be thirtish (with a little grey).
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Gun Boat Diplomacy   » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:13 am

Gun Boat Diplomacy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

elm15801 wrote:Not to rain on your parade, but David Carradine died in 2009

yes, but since the movie is in my head...... :D
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

For several years now I've seen the Broadway actor Norm Lewis as Augustus Khumalo. :mrgreen: (Yes, I know, K is supposed to be fairly beefy. I don't care. Let Norm gain 50 pounds. ::stubborn:: :D )

Shockingly, I have very few other strong associations, though I will admit that I've always 'seen' Ming-Na Wen as Honor, Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Queen Elizabeth, Tom Selleck as Lester Tourville, and Elizabeth Mitchell as Sonja Hemphill. (Before anyone asks, I've been trying for years to find an actress I could truly 'see' as Eloise Pritchart but I've come up empty every time.) I haven't found Estelle either, really, though Lily Mariye comes the closest to my vision of her.

....I'm going to bed now. ::shuffles off sheepishly::
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:36 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I immediately thought to myself, 'it certainly would be rather difficult to cast Anton Zilwicki,' all through absorbing From the Highlands.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:40 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:I immediately thought to myself, 'it certainly would be rather difficult to cast Anton Zilwicki,' all through absorbing From the Highlands.

Although Dwayne Johnson, The Rock can portray Kevin Usher. Can Victor Cachat smell what The Rock is cooking?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:44 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

That gal is fine as wine. So fine I'd rather put her in a wine glass and... connoisseur.

I'll repost what I did about Gal Gadot in another thread...

I saw the new Wonder Woman movie. FANTASTIC!

Gal Gadot certainly is a wonder of a woman! She pulls it off flawlessly. The director deserves many awards! OMG!

I once personally picked her to play Honor Harrington in a thread floating about somewhere. I was sure of that casting then. Moreso now! What a wonderful Honor Harrington Gal Gadot would make.

Her Israeli roots create the much needed exotic look one would come to expect from a Sphinxian.

Gal Gadot is Hollywood’s newest “IT” girl and her breakthrough performance as Wonder Woman is making everyone pay attention.

A former Miss Israel and Gucci Model was a combat instructor in the Israeli Army before she took up acting.

She has the credentials—military training—for the role, to boot.

Return to Honorverse