Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests

'Uncompromising Honor' Wish List: Characters Edition

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: 'Uncompromising Honor' Wish List: Characters Edition
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:51 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd really like to know the fate of Sir Lyman Carmichael, Manticore's ambassador to the Solarian League. Last we hear is of him hiding out in Beowulf's embassy.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:54 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

thanatos wrote:snip

But if Abigail is to find love while serving in the Royal Manticoran Navy, it would likely be with someone outside her direct chain of command and someone who is not of her faith. That is likely to be a serious stumbling block for their relationship, especially if the fellow is either a firm atheist or else devout in some other religion and therefore disinclined to convert. Moreover, the question of whether it is proper for her to ask him to convert for her is likely to be an interesting plot point for her to explore. I would also like to see Rachel Mayhew in some capacity in this story, preferably her graduation ceremony on Saganami Island, with her father and mothers in attendance. Perhaps this could be the conclusion of a short story of her midshipwoman's cruise (but that might feel like a repeat of Abigail's story).snip

My hope is that Abby and Indiana Graham connect. I doubt he will be a central figure in the Seraphim government. His Father and the others freed from prison will likely take those roles. They will need someone to represent their interests to the SEM. That might mean Talbot becomes the hub of SEM in the region. This serves to kill two birds with one stone. First, it keeps seraphim in touch with SEM policies regarding the region. Second, it familiarizes Seraphim with the tenor of Talbot's integration to the SEM. The idea of joining the Talbot Quadrant or petitioning the SEM to accept a separate group of stars into another element of the SEM will cross the minds of most of the newly liberated star nations.

In any case I hope that Indiana finds himself in Abby's company quite a bit. I also hope that Rachel Mayhew finds herself under Abby sometime soon. Not sure when she is scheduled to graduate. yeah, seeing the graduation is fine, but there seems to be a tradition of following the next gen characters on their snotty cruises. I would hate so see that tradition stop. That thought firmly in mind and risk to Rachel under consideration, there are startlingly few tactical officers in the galaxy more suitable for introducing a princess of Grayson into Naval life than Abby Hearns, Miss Owen. By that time, one hopes Hellen is the ATO to Abby. Whatever ship they all serve on will have the nick name "Princess" tacked on to it.
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:35 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

I have deep, profound and long-standing dreams of Augustus Khumalo getting off his ass and asking his diminutive partner-in-crime to marry him already, because they're nuts about each other.

Sorry, RFC, did you think I was over the Augustus Khumalo/Estelle Matsuko romance idea? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:05 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Augustus Khumalo and Finance Secretary Habibi seem like a nice pairing. Both have found renewal in the past few months for much the same reasons.

Dame Estelle seems like a Stephen Westman kind of gal. She strikes me as liking charming oddities. Charming oddities that are sharp as a tack, but for their polite deference can still slice and dice like the best political cuisinarts.

Mike Henke and Lester Tourville are a natural pair.

It would be nice if these matches happen, but I only see the last being written about . The other two would require interesting plot twists to develop "on screen".
Post by lyonheart   » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:38 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Saber964,

Why?

The Queen was more than civil to him during his visit,but they're too different; I suspect Ruth and Berry have already discussed this and they both agreed it was a "Yuck!"

But I suspect Berry is already looking for someone to 'gentle' Jeremy down. Who knows? Maybe Lana's new body will start something. ;)

L

saber964 wrote:
markm57 wrote:#quote="Henry Brown"#Well since we are marrying everybody off, I'd like to see Jeremy X find somebody. Lets face it, that would be an *INTERESTING* courtship. :lol:

I'd love a Ruth and Jeremy relationship if just to hear the screams from Mount Royal Palace .

Prince Michael and Duchess Judith would probably care less as long as Ruth was happy, but Empress Elizabeth would go of like a fireworks display.#quote#
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by lyonheart   » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:42 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi PeterZ,

Your pairings make more sense to than some of the others above.

Dame Estelle may be good friends with Augustus now, he's not her type nor she his and they both know she's far smarter than he is; but Steve Westman easily has more sex appeal, NTM will at least jar her out of her comfort zone, which Augustus would never dare to do, although for all we know she's already married.

Mike and Lester have been obvious to some for 2-3 books or so, but its all in the hands of RFC the creator, and he's can be a rather tricky fellow; but it would certainly cement the Grand Alliance in a whole new way, wouldn't it?

Abby and Indiana is quite possible and very intriguing, though I suspect Indy getting past Matteo will be far more challenging {and hilarious] than getting past Nimitz was for Paul. :lol:

While Ginger might work, Mackenzie might very well interest Scotty; they're both considerable thinkers, but who knows, Tourville's chief of staff, Captain Molly Delaney might have her anti-Manticoran bias demolished by Scotty's powerful attributes, NTM impression on her, Lester, and everybody else for Barricade and his patience and forbearance in avoiding simply massacring all the Sollies; when she's still suffering and everyone remembers far too many friends lost in the two wars, ie the same kind of survivor's guilt Aviars had.

Then remember A Majority of One, with Rosalind Russell and Alec Guinness.

After what they've been through, I wouldn't be too surprised if Victor asks Thandi to marry him soon after they're quite safe, and asks Dusec to officiate the formal betrothal (which is broadcast live across Mesa, maybe with General Drescher in attendance), only they hold off the wedding until they can be restored to their original bodies and faces.

Samuel Webster does need to find someone, but I expect him to be a TF CO, taking out one of the BF SD reserve fleets [1200-1400 SD's] and the system's defending SL fleet, if not Terra's, HA-H being in overall command there, of course; and they all stay 5+ light minutes from Terra, while making Lovat look like a love tap.

Honor does dwarf everybody, but then she's been central to everything, NTM that's why we like her so much; but she still will be the one that orders the destruction of Darius, it being irredeemable, that no one else can or will, when the time comes in 20+ years when the MAlign reappears.

All the very best,

L

PeterZ wrote:Augustus Khumalo and Finance Secretary Habibi seem like a nice pairing. Both have found renewal in the past few months for much the same reasons.

Dame Estelle seems like a Stephen Westman kind of gal. She strikes me as liking charming oddities. Charming oddities that are sharp as a tack, but for their polite deference can still slice and dice like the best political cuisinarts.

Mike Henke and Lester Tourville are a natural pair.

It would be nice if these matches happen, but I only see the last being written about . The other two would require interesting plot twists to develop "on screen".
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:58 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Lyonheart,

Long time no read.

Now, Ginger already has someone. Aubrey Wanderman. They may or may not have consummated that relationship, but it may just be that they will be central in each other's lives. In any case, I eschew speculation with Ginger believing that she is taken.

Sir Prescott Tremaine had a fling with Honor's LAC commander on Wayfarer. As I recall the officers on that crew all jumped to serve with The Salamander. Lt. Jackie Harmon struck me as an aggressive soul eager to fly into the teeth of trouble and bring back a tonsil or two. Between Honor and Jackie, I think Scotty shaped his professional persona on Wayfarer. Yet, is his taste in strong and agressive women also shaped by that crucible? Does that personality remind you of anyone? Yeah, me too. Scotty and Naomi are a pair if ever there was one.

Poetic justice may be in order for our allied fleet. Molly Delaney, an egalitarian republican, and Michael Oversteegen a dyed in the wool aristocrat strikes me as a rather fun pairing to read about. Both are competent and hold proficiency higher than personal beliefs of social responsibility. Both are also likely to adopt superior attitude regarding the other's foundational view of social responsibility.

One thing that I think very likely and hope to see in the next book is "The Princess Tristram". Racheal Mayhew, Abigail Hearns and Helen Zilwicki are princesses and as close to it as makes no difference. Racheal needs someone who understands what it is to be a Grayson "princess" aboard the naval warship for her snotty cruise. Helen is due to be rotated out of her role as a flag lieutenant. She needs to be seasoned with actually being part of the operations of a war ship before she loses too much of that new and impressionable mentality found in ensigns. ATO on Tristram sounds perfect. She can also teach Racheal how to properly kick the snot out of someone, rather than using that inelegant coupe de vitesse.

I really doubt they will destroy Darius. The Allies may well just leave it secluded or try to do something like the SKM and Graysons did with Masada. At the core of it, Darius' belief are just fine if they don't marry it with their need to compel the rest of humanity to adopt their views. If they want to treat each other like bacteria in a petri dish, have at it. Wanting to put everyone else in the universe in that petri dish is a bit much. Besides, there is a twist with Mesa yet to unwind, I suspect.

I really can't wait for Uncompromising Honor to come out.
Post by ldwechsler   » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:39 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Lyonheart,

Long time no read.

Now, Ginger already has someone. Aubrey Wanderman. They may or may not have consummated that relationship, but it may just be that they will be central in each other's lives. In any case, I eschew speculation with Ginger believing that she is taken.

Sir Prescott Tremaine had a fling with Honor's LAC commander on Wayfarer. As I recall the officers on that crew all jumped to serve with The Salamander. Lt. Jackie Harmon struck me as an aggressive soul eager to fly into the teeth of trouble and bring back a tonsil or two. Between Honor and Jackie, I think Scotty shaped his professional persona on Wayfarer. Yet, is his taste in strong and agressive women also shaped by that crucible? Does that personality remind you of anyone? Yeah, me too. Scotty and Naomi are a pair if ever there was one.

Poetic justice may be in order for our allied fleet. Molly Delaney, an egalitarian republican, and Michael Oversteegen a dyed in the wool aristocrat strikes me as a rather fun pairing to read about. Both are competent and hold proficiency higher than personal beliefs of social responsibility. Both are also likely to adopt superior attitude regarding the other's foundational view of social responsibility.

One thing that I think very likely and hope to see in the next book is "The Princess Tristram". Racheal Mayhew, Abigail Hearns and Helen Zilwicki are princesses and as close to it as makes no difference. Racheal needs someone who understands what it is to be a Grayson "princess" aboard the naval warship for her snotty cruise. Helen is due to be rotated out of her role as a flag lieutenant. She needs to be seasoned with actually being part of the operations of a war ship before she loses too much of that new and impressionable mentality found in ensigns. ATO on Tristram sounds perfect. She can also teach Racheal how to properly kick the snot out of someone, rather than using that inelegant coupe de vitesse.

I really doubt they will destroy Darius. The Allies may well just leave it secluded or try to do something like the SKM and Graysons did with Masada. At the core of it, Darius' belief are just fine if they don't marry it with their need to compel the rest of humanity to adopt their views. If they want to treat each other like bacteria in a petri dish, have at it. Wanting to put everyone else in the universe in that petri dish is a bit much. Besides, there is a twist with Mesa yet to unwind, I suspect.

I really can't wait for Uncompromising Honor to come out.

I don't think everything will simply be tied up so neatly. We have one book left and we need room for plot. Chances are that there will be a focus on plot. Remember that relationships take time and that we will be rushing towards a conclusion.

We might learn more about things like relationships in the first book in the NEXT series. I would guess it would take place when one or more of the Harrington Alexander kids goes to Saganami or perhaps a bit later. Chances are, we might get a few admirals who once served with Honor. First Space Lord Scotty Tremaine, maybe?

In terms of relationships, the one I would most enjoy is Abigail...and it would not be Mateo, who is sort of like an uncle to her. I don't think Jeremy is ripe for a long-term relationship if he doesn't have one already. He's been friends with Catherine for decades. Clearly he's not all that young. If nothing has happened yet...
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:33 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I sure hope RFC doesn't cram tying all the loose ends into 1 novel. Sure, leave elements of the great dragon arriving for Honor's children to manage. In the mean time let's have stand alone novels, anthologies and collaborative efforts of all stripes to tell the story of taming the chaos from the League's fall and resurrection of galactic civilization.

Think about how many good authors would enjoy contributing to telling of the Taming of the Verge.
Post by lyonheart   » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:52 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi PeterZ,

Quite right.

Real life isn't so neat, so why should RFC have to have everything arranged so perfectly?

Although your suggestion of Michael Oversteegen and Molly Delaney is really intriguing. ;)

But can we say some posts here are being overly romantic?

Actually, leaving the details of some relationships until the next story arc is more than fine with me.

L

PeterZ wrote:I sure hope RFC doesn't cram tying all the loose ends into 1 novel. Sure, leave elements of the great dragon arriving for Honor's children to manage. In the mean time let's have stand alone novels, anthologies and collaborative efforts of all stripes to tell the story of taming the chaos from the League's fall and resurrection of galactic civilization.

Think about how many good authors would enjoy contributing to telling of the Taming of the Verge.

Return to Honorverse