Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

why Eloise trusts Kevin Usher

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: why Eloise trusts Kevin Usher
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:35 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:Rose, you are aware that after 624 posts, I don't think Eloise and Keven were ever paired in the Cupid thread. At least I don't recall arrows being sent their way anyways, lest it was my day off, or the day I 'cough' accidentally shot myself and fell in love with Stacey.

That can't get back to headquarters. LOL

That's because they've been there, done that, got it out of their systems and are now just very close friends. :D

CoS reveals that they were sexually (albeit implicitly not romantically) involved during their Aprilist days, but that relationship ended after Kevin fell in love with Ginny and Eloise fell in love with Javier. 8-)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:00 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
cthia wrote:Rose, you are aware that after 624 posts, I don't think Eloise and Keven were ever paired in the Cupid thread. At least I don't recall arrows being sent their way anyways, lest it was my day off, or the day I 'cough' accidentally shot myself and fell in love with Stacey.

That can't get back to headquarters. LOL

That's because they've been there, done that, got it out of their systems and are now just very close friends. :D

CoS reveals that they were sexually (albeit implicitly not romantically) involved during their Aprilist days, but that relationship ended after Kevin fell in love with Ginny and Eloise fell in love with Javier. 8-)

Aw, I see. That should keep me out of hot water with the establishment.

Usher developed a drinking problem. Was his drinking problem symptomatic of letting Eloise get away? Or did it simply get worse.

I wouldn't want Eloise to be "the one that got away" in my life.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Weird Harold   » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Usher developed a drinking problem. Was his drinking problem symptomatic of letting Eloise get away?

Nope. He never actually HAD drinking problem, he just fostered and fed rumors that he had a drinking problem as a cover.

By the time we encounter his supposed drinking problem, he was already happily married to Ginny; a much better match for him than Eloise, IMHO.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
cthia wrote:Usher developed a drinking problem. Was his drinking problem symptomatic of letting Eloise get away?

Nope. He never actually HAD drinking problem, he just fostered and fed rumors that he had a drinking problem as a cover.

By the time we encounter his supposed drinking problem, he was already happily married to Ginny; a much better match for him than Eloise, IMHO.

ISTR mention of something as well in I think CoG?, but I couldn't quite conclude whether the drinking problem was actually real or imagined or whether there was simply denial as with most who have a drinking problem of taking that very first of ten steps -- admitting.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by munroburton   » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:50 am

munroburton
Admiral

cthia wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:Nope. He never actually HAD drinking problem, he just fostered and fed rumors that he had a drinking problem as a cover.

ISTR mention of something as well in I think CoG?, but I couldn't quite conclude whether the drinking problem was actually real or imagined or whether there was simply denial as with most who have a drinking problem of taking that very first of ten steps -- admitting.

It's quite well established in the short story From The Highlands that Kevin's drinking "problem" is purely for deceptive purposes.
Post by ncwolf   » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:56 pm

ncwolf
Commander

It's quite well established in the short story From The Highlands that Kevin's drinking "problem" is purely for deceptive purposes.

Agreed.

However, if "From the Highlands" is a a short story, I'm an elephant, and I'm not. :)
Post by Phalanx   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:33 am

Phalanx
Commander

If this is about Eloise and Kevin in the April Tribunal, I wonder what new tidbits of information we will get going forward.
_

Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:39 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Okay, I warn you before you read this snippet that it constitutes the real climax of the action in the short story. It doesn't really constitute what the story is about, in my opinion, but it does . . . finish the explanation for why what the story is about happens.

Rose, put away the sharp pointy objects.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

F
O
R

T
H
O
S
E

W
H
O

D
O
N'
T

W
A
N
T

T
O

K
N
O
W

Later, in the nightmares, she would remember her own primal scream, the fury and the hatred and the grief and the cruel, devastating loss. She would remember the sudden alarm in his eyes, the way he stopped in his tracks. And she would remember the baton licking out from her left hand like a viper’s tongue, the vibro blade coming out of her pocket, screaming to life with a fury and hatred of its own as she sent it to its full, illegal length. And she would remember stepping into them like the angel of death herself.

She remembered very little after that. Not in any detail. Not until she caught the last of them halfway out the door. In the end, he’d turned to run, but the vibro blade swept effortlessly through his right thigh and he smashed to the floor, screaming, clutching at the blood-fountaining stump with both hands.

Please!” he screamed. “Oh, Christ, please! Please!

She paused, glaring down at him, realizing her stolen jacket was sodden with other people’s blood, feeling it hot and stinking like molten copper, oozing down her face, dripping from her hands. She drew a deep, shuddery breath, glanced over her shoulder, and wondered with a sort of lunatic calm why she wasn’t gibbering in horror.

There wasn’t a single intact body.

She noted a pair of pulsers lying on the floor, one of them still clutched in the fingers of a detached hand, but she had no memory of seeing the weapons or the hand before. In fact, she realized, she didn’t remember actually seeing any of the Hellhounds from the instant the vibro blade came live. But now she saw everything. Saw the severed limbs lying in bits and pieces in thick lakes of blood. Saw a head lying on the floor, staring at her with wide, disbelieving eyes. Another head, split vertically from crown to clavicle. A torso sliced cleanly in half, spilling organs and blood and a sewer stench.

The vision engraved itself forever upon her memory in the flickering instant before her eyes swung back to the ganger in front of her.

Please,” he whimpered his voice weaker as the blood continued to pour from his thigh.

“You’re no fun anymore,” she heard her own voice say calmly, conversationally. “No reason to keep you around any longer.”

No, pl—!” he screamed, and then Kevin’s gift silenced him forever.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by Fireflair   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 am

Fireflair
Captain of the List

Now Rose is going to be wanting to have babies with Eloise....

Seriously though, we always knew she had a violent side and was strong willed. Seems like some one get their just desserts to me.
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:07 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Kinda got that eerie vibe from Eloise, of a dark side if ruffled, when she was "discussing" things with Michelle when Michelle was in the stalag.

When in a discussion, people who display a calm, cool, quiet and collected can become quite dangerous when they become uncalm, uncool, unquiet and uncollected.

Last edited by cthia on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to Honorverse