Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dauntless, Google [Bot] and 34 guests

Another update from David, including snippet

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Another update from David, including snippet
Post by Louis R   » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:57 am

Louis R
Rear Admiral

I'm guessing this one will be in House of Lies. However, istr mention of another anthology due up as well, which could be first in line.

fallsfromtrees wrote:Great snippet. Where and when do we find the whole story? Inquiring minds want to know.
Post by ksandgren   » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:31 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thank you Duckk and David for the updates and the bonus snippet. We have missed DW on the forum and certainly want him back - preferably healthy and writing anew
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:32 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

i need to sit down
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:00 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Next time, pack a rod and go fishing with someone ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:16 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:Next time, pack a rod and go fishing with someone ;)

I doubly recommend that prescription. Casting and awaiting a bite is sheer heaven. But getting a bite is like floating on a cloud. Or on a river if you're a fly fisher, like me! Took my wife and a few friends fly fishing in the Adirondacks in April. My wife has heard so much about it from my family that she was dreaming of it. (She actually had a dream she'd caught a big fish! And then she actually did, almost a 20 inch trout in less than 20 minutes -- for a beginning flyer???) Catching 20 inchers are a gaggle of fun I'm telling you! Taylor pond is one of my family's favorite haunts and the Ausable River has so much to offer other than the breathtaking scenery. There simply is nothing better than wading in the water for your catch! The scenery is best in the fall when the magical colors of foliage tend to make one "frisky" claims my grandfather, my parents and many of my uncles and aunts who claim to have conceived there. I can't verify those claims but I can certainly vouch for the fact that nature conspires to send your senses into overload. And the trout are eager to be caught! Salmon and bass, pike and perch too! My favorite catches!

When life burns you out, let the Adirondacks rejuvenate you.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SCC   » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:11 pm

SCC
Commander

Weren't RFC's hands damaged in a car crash or something? I know he uses speech-to-text software instead of actually typing.
Post by kzt   » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:12 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

SCC wrote:

Weren't RFC's hands damaged in a car crash or something? I know he uses speech-to-text software instead of actually typing.

I think he slipped on ice and broke his wrists when he broke his fall with his hands.
Post by Cartref   » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:16 am

Cartref
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Best thing that I read in this topic is that David is well and his health problems are pretty well understood.

As someone who is also upwards of 55, I can appreciate the Doctor's advise and Sharon's stance. :lol:
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:49 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Only amatuers think fishing is about fishing.

It's doing as little as possible, while appearing to be actually doing something, and drinking as much beer as possible. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:Only amatuers think fishing is about fishing.

It's doing as little as possible, while appearing to be actually doing something, and drinking as much beer as possible. ;)

Sounds like a friend of mine who seems to only like fishing from the beer cooler using his fingers as bait.

And all the time I thought the pros were the ones who just fed the fish. Afterwards, getting their hook back and setting them free.

That's rude. I always invite my catch to dinner.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse