Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 40 guests

3D Printable Star of Grayson

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
3D Printable Star of Grayson
Post by onahill   » Sun May 21, 2017 9:42 pm

onahill
Midshipman

Hello all,

I assume this is the correct sub-form for this, but anyways. I recently got a 3D printer and started reading the Honor Harrington series (currently on Ashes of Victory) and I decided to model a Star of Grayson in case people wanted to make one for a costume, or just to have laying around.

There's three versions:
- Regular, no swords version.
- Crossed Swords (Western guard style).
- Crossed Swords (Katana style).

Hopefully that will fulfill anyone's needs!

Regardless, the scale of the medal itself and the position of the swords has never been really clear to me, so I've just gone off random pictures I've found online. Hopefully they look somewhat like they're supposed to!

Here's the link to the Thingiverse page if you want to download the files to 3D print.

Here's some pictures if you don't feel like visiting the Thingiverse page. Sadly they're not finished as I lack the proper painting supplies, but the general shape is there!

I hope to do more, but I'll have to see what I can find pictures of.
Re: 3D Printable Star of Grayson
Post by Fox2!   » Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

onahill wrote:Hello all,

I assume this is the correct sub-form for this, but anyways. I recently got a 3D printer and started reading the Honor Harrington series (currently on Ashes of Victory) and I decided to model a Star of Grayson in case people wanted to make one for a costume, or just to have laying around.

There's three versions:

Very nice. Except that the non-Katana swords look more like cutlasses than sabers.
Re: 3D Printable Star of Grayson
Post by Michael McConahie   » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Michael McConahie
Midshipman

onahill wrote:Hello all,

There's three versions:

Hopefully that will fulfill anyone's needs!

Regardless, the scale of the medal itself and the position of the swords has never been really clear to me, so I've just gone off random pictures I've found online. Hopefully they look somewhat like they're supposed to!

Here's the link to the Thingiverse page if you want to download the files to 3D print.

Here's some pictures if you don't feel like visiting the Thingiverse page. Sadly they're not finished as I lack the proper painting supplies, but the general shape is there!

I hope to do more, but I'll have to see what I can find pictures of.

Relative to the length of the handle the blade is way too short. The blade would be in the 30" - 32" while the handle would be 4" - 5".

Return to Honorverse