Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fireflair and 33 guests

<Let's talk about Two-leg WeIrDnEsS>

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
<Let's talk about Two-leg WeIrDnEsS>
Post by cthia   » Fri May 19, 2017 10:45 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

<Let's Talk About Two-leg Weirdness>

As promised, following up on Chapter Two. So... let's.

Last edited by cthia on Fri May 19, 2017 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Let's talk about Two-leg WeIrDnEsS
Post by cthia   » Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

<Why do Two-legs never say what is really on their mind?>

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri May 19, 2017 11:00 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

<Why do females always wear war paint even when they are not at war. Are they always expecting... one way or another?>

Post by cthia   » Fri May 19, 2017 11:03 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

<Why do two-legs keep Pavel Youngs in the navy when nobody wants them there?>

Re: <Let's talk about Two-leg WeIrDnEsS>
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:06 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

<How can humans bond with two or more people at the same time?>

I wonder if it is possible for two treecats to simultaneously fall for the same mind glow. Two loves at first taste.

<I tasted him first!>

<No, I did!>

<<<<Actually, we sensed it was a photo finish>>>>

Certainly humans fall in love with two, or even more, people at once. Is there some mechanism preventing it from happening with cats? Or since it must be requited love as in the human returning that love, that the odds become extremely low or nonexistent that two or more cats will feel the same about the same human and the human requites love twice.

Perhaps that is another weirdness that only humans can deliver.

I've certainly been confused by my feelings for two different mates on more than one occasion since puberty.

On these occasions, I wonder if treecats can sense which woman you love the most? That might prove to be an invaluable service to some. Even if one chooses to ignore the advice or whether it might actually make the choice easier or more straightforward.

Any textev dealing with the issue?

Post by jdtinIA   » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:03 pm

jdtinIA
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:<How can humans bond with two or more people at the same time?>

I wonder if it is possible for two treecats to simultaneously fall for the same mind glow. Two loves at first taste.

<I tasted him first!>

<No, I did!>

Certainly humans fall in love with two, or even more, people at once. Is there some mechanism preventing it from happening with cats? Or since it must be requited love as in the human returning that love, that the odds become extremely low or nonexistent that two or more cats will feel the same about the same human and the human requites love twice.

I've certainly been confused by my feelings for two different mates on more than one occasion since puberty.

On these occasions, I wonder if treecats can sense which woman you love the most? That might prove to be an invaluable service to some. Even if one chooses to ignore the advice or whether it might actually make the choice easier or more straightforward.

If Nimitz is indicative of the species, treecats don't pay much attention to their human partners romantic adventures. This does not mean they might not be willing to point out that 2-leg A makes you much more pleasent to be around than 2 - leg B.
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:01 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

jdtinIA wrote:
cthia wrote:<How can humans bond with two or more people at the same time?>

<I tasted him first!>

<No, I did!>

If Nimitz is indicative of the species, treecats don't pay much attention to their human partners romantic adventures. This does not mean they might not be willing to point out that 2-leg A makes you much more pleasent to be around than 2 - leg B.

It does seem intuitive that treecats would be able to make that determination.

As per your other point, I thought that it was specifically the "sexuality" that the treecats paid little attention to, which is a subset of "romance." Akin to kids ignoring or wanting to ignore their parent's lovemaking but conversely find the romance quite pleasant.

"Aww, he bought you flowers and wrote your name in the sky."

I would imagine that Nimitz pays a lot of attention to Honor's romance, being that he is linked to her emotionally. A good and healthy romance would work wonders for Honor's mindglow, and Nimitz' as well. She is already dancing on a cloud. Can you imagine her mindglow after meeting Paul Tankersley? I imagine Nimitz was floating too. How would a treecat realistically be able to ignore such beautiful emotions emanating from his or her person? Or would even want to? Romance can make one giddy with excitement, skip like a kid. Scream at the top of your lungs...

"... She loves me. She loves me not. She loves me! YES!!!"

I've caught my wife hugging herself and she simply says, "You make me happy honey."

" :D "

Remember the tears of joy Honor felt when the entire thing was accepted by Emily? Do you really think Nimitz could ignore, or would even want to, those powerful, and quite healthy, emotions?

Return to Honorverse