Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests

David Weber News?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: David Weber News?
Post by Sorinut   » Fri May 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Sorinut
Midshipman

Hans wrote:Hello,

as much as i wait for his next book, most important is, that David is feeling well.
Last i heard was that he was recovering well from the eye surgery.

2 months ago i had a cataract surgery by myself - it is not fun.
But it is noting to be afraid of - meanwhile.
Hopefully it was nothing more serious.

thank you a lot for this post. I am going to have a catart surgery and i am very afraid. been said that i would need lots of help so now i search for drug reviews beforehand just in case. anyway thanks a lot for good ecouraging words!!
Last edited by Sorinut on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Post by Roguevictory   » Fri May 19, 2017 11:29 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Yeah my best friend had some kind of laser eye surgery today but fortunately everything went fine.
Post by John Prigent   » Sat May 20, 2017 7:46 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

I had cataracts removed from both eyes back in 2002. No pain, just an instinctive attempt to flinch when the knife approached. The important thing is to take your time over recovery - don't be tempted to take off the patch and definitely don't rub the eye for several weeks. Mine not only got rid of the cataracts but used implants that corrected my extreme short sight. That sword had tow edges, though, because I now need magnifying glasses to do the closeup work with tiny parts that is part of my modelmaking hobby.

Cheers, John

[quote="Sorinut

thank you a lot for this post. I am going to have a catart surgery and i am very afraid. thanks a lot for good ecouraging words![/quote]
Post by robert132   » Mon May 22, 2017 10:41 am

robert132
Captain of the List

John Prigent wrote:I had cataracts removed from both eyes back in 2002. No pain, just an instinctive attempt to flinch when the knife approached. The important thing is to take your time over recovery - don't be tempted to take off the patch and definitely don't rub the eye for several weeks. Mine not only got rid of the cataracts but used implants that corrected my extreme short sight. That sword had tow edges, though, because I now need magnifying glasses to do the closeup work with tiny parts that is part of my modelmaking hobby.

Cheers, John

Sorinut wrote:thank you a lot for this post. I am going to have a catart surgery and i am very afraid. thanks a lot for good ecouraging words!
[/quote]
[/quote]

I had the same procedure on both eyes for cataracts a couple of years ago. While I also do close modeling work with small parts I find that Dollar Store reading glasses work well for me and beat the heck out of the "coke bottle" glasses I wore for most of my life.

For Sorinut - In my case it was really worth it, my corrected vision is now 20/40 in my worst eye vs the 20/OMG!!! in my best eye 3 years ago. I couldn't focus on anything more than 8 or 9 inches from the end of my nose.

It's worth the short term minor discomfort.
Last edited by robert132 on Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by Hans   » Mon May 22, 2017 11:12 am

Hans
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Hello,

John Prigent wrote:I had cataracts removed from both eyes back in 2002. No pain, just an instinctive attempt to flinch when the knife approached. The important thing is to take your time over recovery - don't be tempted to take off the patch and definitely don't rub the eye for several weeks.
Cheers, John
[quote="Sorinut
thank you a lot for this post. I am going to have a catart surgery and i am very afraid. thanks a lot for good ecouraging words!

@Sorinut
John Prigent described it perfectly.
Just keep your cool.
The worst problem has been windy days.

Return to Honorverse