Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests

Fleet Numbering and Assignments

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Fleet Numbering and Assignments
Post by Somtaaw   » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:42 am

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:It is one of the expressions that I have coined*. It stands for "the Biggest Naval Battle in Human History"; taken from the last sentence of chapter 62 in _At All Costs_. Of course, I think it has been surpassed by destruction of SLN Eleventh Fleet in _A Rising Thunder_.

*For example, I have generally referred to Albrecht Detweiler as "the Mesan All-Highest".

the SLN 11th Fleet was the second largest battle, they only had slightly under 450 superdreadnought sized ships per side there. LAC numbers on the part of the Grand Alliance don't have the tonnage to displace First BoMa from the largest battle.
Re: Fleet Numbering and Assignments
Post by munroburton   » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:47 am

munroburton
Admiral

Somtaaw wrote:
Robert_A_Woodward wrote:It is one of the expressions that I have coined*. It stands for "the Biggest Naval Battle in Human History"; taken from the last sentence of chapter 62 in _At All Costs_. Of course, I think it has been surpassed by destruction of SLN Eleventh Fleet in _A Rising Thunder_.

*For example, I have generally referred to Albrecht Detweiler as "the Mesan All-Highest".

the SLN 11th Fleet was the second largest battle, they only had slightly under 450 superdreadnought sized ships per side there. LAC numbers on the part of the Grand Alliance don't have the tonnage to displace First BoMa from the largest battle.

First Manticore involved 180(MA) wallers vs 336(RHN). Second Manticore involved 440(GA) vs 427(SLN).

There haven't been any larger battles. Third place goes to Third Yeltsin(~96 vs ~88). The SLN's largest battle prior to Spindle and 2nd Manticore, only involved 12 wallers(although they were accompanied by a screen of over 150 ships and fought a force of ~450 smaller ships).

Return to Honorverse