Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mycall4me, phillies and 46 guests

Any news on House of Lies?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Any news on House of Lies?
Post by Henry Brown   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

It has been quite some time since I heard anything about House of Lies. My understanding was that BuNine started work on it after the release of House of Steel. It has been quite some time since the release of HoS, yet I have not heard anything lately about HoL. Does anybody know if the book was canceled or if it is just delayed?
Re: Any news on House of Lies?
Post by Eagleeye   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

Henry Brown wrote:It has been quite some time since I heard anything about House of Lies. My understanding was that BuNine started work on it after the release of House of Steel. It has been quite some time since the release of HoS, yet I have not heard anything lately about HoL. Does anybody know if the book was canceled or if it is just delayed?

It is not canceled; because it is mentioned in the Honorverse analytics essay as forthcoming. But without any date of publishing. Because the official publication dates are available until September 2017 and it is not to see there, my best guess is that it will come sometime later - hopefully around Xmas (if it is published in this year at all...)
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:22 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

I don't have any insider information, but if by some freak accident I happen to wind up in possession of any, rest assured I will be screaming it at the top of my virtual lungs on this forum within thirty seconds. Sixty if my wifi connection is bad. :mrgreen:

(Now could someone who actually does have inside info please weigh in?? ::grabby hands::)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Duckk   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:46 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Still planned, but not in progress yet. Part of it is David's backlog last year disrupted our plans to run things past him, part of it is on BuNine having other fires to put out.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Henry Brown   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

Duckk wrote:Still planned, but not in progress yet. Part of it is David's backlog last year disrupted our plans to run things past him, part of it is on BuNine having other fires to put out.

Thanks Duckk!
Post by Theemile   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Henry Brown wrote:
Duckk wrote:Still planned, but not in progress yet. Part of it is David's backlog last year disrupted our plans to run things past him, part of it is on BuNine having other fires to put out.

Thanks Duckk!

Now, the big question (which I'm sure Duckk is not going to answer :twisted: ) is what fires was BuNine required to put out - especially which fires were big enough to take a concerted effort?
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Somtaaw   » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

Theemile wrote:Now, the big question (which I'm sure Duckk is not going to answer :twisted: ) is what fires was BuNine required to put out - especially which fires were big enough to take a concerted effort?

I dunno about the big fire, but there's always putting Maxx into a BBQ Roast :twisted: eventually we can get an answer :lol: :lol:
Post by MaxxQ   » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:58 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Somtaaw wrote:
Theemile wrote:Now, the big question (which I'm sure Duckk is not going to answer :twisted: ) is what fires was BuNine required to put out - especially which fires were big enough to take a concerted effort?

I dunno about the big fire, but there's always putting Maxx into a BBQ Roast :twisted: eventually we can get an answer :lol: :lol:

Care to put money on that?

Frankly, I'm seriously contemplating either going to lurk mode only, or just leaving this forum altogether.
Post by Somtaaw   » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 pm

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:
Somtaaw wrote:

Care to put money on that?

Frankly, I'm seriously contemplating either going to lurk mode only, or just leaving this forum altogether.

Was only a joke, but you're also the only Bu9 guy that seems to post that I've ever seen. Or the others don't draw attention to it :?

It's great that you reply, but if you're the only one, yes can see the major drawbacks.
Post by kzt   » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:21 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Somtaaw wrote:
Was only a joke, but you're also the only Bu9 guy that seems to post that I've ever seen. Or the others don't draw attention to it :?

It's great that you reply, but if you're the only one, yes can see the major drawbacks.

That duckk guy posts from time to time too. If you drive maxxq away you'll probably hear from him...

Return to Honorverse