Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 90 guests

Any news on House of Lies?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Any news on House of Lies?
Post by MaxxQ   » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:39 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

Somtaaw wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:Care to put money on that?

Frankly, I'm seriously contemplating either going to lurk mode only, or just leaving this forum altogether.

Was only a joke, but you're also the only Bu9 guy that seems to post that I've ever seen. Or the others don't draw attention to it :?

It's great that you reply, but if you're the only one, yes can see the major drawbacks.

Yeah, sorry about that. I got that it was a joke, but I was irritated for other reasons and my reply came across as a bit too harsh.

At this point, aside from Duckk, yeah, I'm the only B9 person that posts with any regularity. There have been several others that have posted in the past, but work, life, and health issues have sidelined some of them. That may change at some point in the future, but for now, I'm it.

Duckk (I hope you'll forgive me for what I'm about to say Duckk, and I hope I've got it right) is too busy with being both admin and moderator here (as well as all the OTHER subforums), and working a real job to really respond, and some of the other stuff that poeple ask about here is outside his purview as a B9 member. He does a fantastic job with calling up Pearls and other info that David has written, and pertains to the subject at hand, but that's pretty much what his "job" in BuNine is.

I swear he has a photographic memory and can recall EXACTLY where some Pearl nugget is :lol:

As for me, yeah, I get frustrated because I love the Honorverse so much, and to be an "official" part of it makes me a bit defensive. I admit (and have said it many times before) that I'm not as experienced in some things as much as others in B9 are - my main job is to visualize in 3D what I'm given in back-of-the-envelope sketches, or just verbal descriptions. But for the really deep technical stuff, the other guys have much more knowledge than I. That's a bit frustrating as well, because I can't keep bothering them every other day to clarify one point or another, and in some cases, we/I CAN'T say anything because of NDA reasons.

So yeah, I'm it, for now. As I hinted above, that MAY change somewhat, but who knows when?

Return to Honorverse