Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Favorite Moments So Far?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Favorite Moments So Far?
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:14 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Back to the actual point of the thread... :lol:

The long, highly romantic (in the classical sense) description of just how Thomas Theisman had handed Eloise Pritchart the Presidency on a silver platter... which is brought to an abrupt and funny end when Eloise mentally notes that there are times she's very tempted to shoot him for giving her the job. :D

Also, Lester Tourville and Michelle Henke meeting at last. Oh, glory!
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Henry Brown   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

This is not quite the topic of the thread, but it is closely related. Lets call it:

"Favorite moment you would have liked to have seen, but which was not actually depicted."

For me, this is in the early stages of Ashes of Victory. I've always *REALLY* wished that the book included a reunion scene between Commodore Jesus Ramirez and his son Colonel Tomas Ramirez. And I realize there was already a lot of similar, tearjerker scenes in this book with Honor's return from the dead. But one more would not have hurt...
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:12 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Henry Brown wrote:This is not quite the topic of the thread, but it is closely related. Lets call it:

"Favorite moment you would have liked to have seen, but which was not actually depicted."

For me, this is in the early stages of Ashes of Victory. I've always *REALLY* wished that the book included a reunion scene between Commodore Jesus Ramirez and his son Colonel Tomas Ramirez. And I realize there was already a lot of similar, tearjerker scenes in this book with Honor's return from the dead. But one more would not have hurt...

Are...

Are you sure this can of worms is one you care to open knowing that I'm (once again) spending time around this forum?

Because if you are, I will be more than happy to oblige you. At considerable length.

...just as soon as I get some sleep and stop feeling slightly worse than something my cat yakked up.
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by saber964   » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:33 pm

saber964
Admiral

Henry Brown wrote:This is not quite the topic of the thread, but it is closely related. Lets call it:

Can you say BONE CRUSHING BEAR HUG. This hug would be so strong you could make diamonds between them. Also imagine when Jesus meets his wife Rosario after 30+ years.
Post by Henry Brown   » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

roseandheather wrote:

Are...

Are you sure this can of worms is one you care to open knowing that I'm (once again) spending time around this forum?

Because if you are, I will be more than happy to oblige you. At considerable length.

...just as soon as I get some sleep and stop feeling slightly worse than something my cat yakked up.

I'll be happy to read whatever you come up with. Knock yourself out! And in light of your last sentence, I hope you're feeling better.
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:02 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Henry Brown wrote:
I'll be happy to read whatever you come up with. Knock yourself out! And in light of your last sentence, I hope you're feeling better.

Oh, look! Chivalry isn't dead. ;)

I am feeling better, thank you! Amazing what a night or two in your own bed can do.

Now, on to business:

Henry Brown wrote:"Favorite moment you would have liked to have seen, but which was not actually depicted."

So, in no particular order of preference:

1. Admiral Khumalo's discussion with Dame Estelle right before he moves out for Monica.

2. Thomas Theisman asking Eloise Pritchart to head the interim government as they rebuild Haven.

3. Allen Higgins finding out his Grendelsbane people were being repatriated. And his reaction to the Grand Alliance in general, come to think of it.

4. Michelle Henke finding out that Haven's definition of sending her some help is 'Lester Tourville and a good chunk of Second Fleet'.

5. Eloise Pritchart &co on election night.

6. The Havenite Congress "jumping all over" the peace treaty when Leslie Montreau brought it back to Nouveau Paris.

7. Dame Estelle's reunion with Honor after the climactic battle of On Basilisk Station.

8. Dame Estelle and Khumalo getting 'catted. Because you know they would be.

9. Javier Giscard and Eloise Pritchart first making their romantic relationship official. (Yes, I want the whole bloody romance novel of their story, but...)

10. Protector Benjamin finding out that Honor was coming home from Hades.

12. Lester Tourville and Michael Oversteegen meeting in person.

13. The first time Shannon Foraker and Sonja Hemphill met face-to-face. And the first time they started working together, full stop.

14. Sonja Hemphill's reaction to the Grand Alliance, come to think of it.

15. Whatever Honor and Eloise Pritchart discussed at Trevor's Star before Honor went to drag Elizabeth out of bed.

16. Warner Caslet and Alfredo Yu finding out about the Grand Alliance, come to think of it!

17. Giscard and Eloise's [private] reaction to Shannon's infamous "Oops."

...let's stop with lucky number seventeen, shall we?

.....for now. :mrgreen:
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Fox2!   » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:05 am

Fox2!
Commodore

cthia wrote:It'd be nice to perhaps have Nimitz and Honor separated for a chapter or two. Nimitz could get a smell of a lead and follow it, being late for departure and Honor has no other recourse but to break orbit and leave him behind resulting in Nimitz uncovering a lead.
I dunno, something. Throw Nimitz a script bone.

It was established in either OBS or Ms Midshipwoman Harrington that separating a bonded Human and Person did intense damage to both. Which is why the RMN was forced to accept 'Cats aboard ships. And at Saganami Island. As much as she would hate it, she would either have to delay the movement, or stay behind until they found Stinker. With either a courier or destroyer to chase after the fleet. Maybe a CL to have a few Marines to convince any body who had other ideas of the poor choices they had made.
Post by robert132   » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:54 am

robert132
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:
9. Javier Giscard and Eloise Pritchart first making their romantic relationship official. (Yes, I want the whole bloody romance novel of their story, but...)

Write it. Maybe you can get Baen and Himself to accept it for inclusion in the next anthology.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:19 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

robert132 wrote:
roseandheather wrote:

Write it. Maybe you can get Baen and Himself to accept it for inclusion in the next anthology.

Did they ever make it official? I have the impression that they hadn't. BTW, it is my impression that stories in the Honorverse anthologies are invitation only.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:21 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:
Did they ever make it official? I have the impression that they hadn't. BTW, it is my impression that stories in the Honorverse anthologies are invitation only.

I didn't mean "official" as in "they got married" (though part of me wishes they had! - but I understand why they couldn't), I meant "official" as in "Screw StateSec, I love you and I want to be with you." :)
~*~

Javier & Eloise

Return to Honorverse