Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 35 guests

Favorite Moments So Far?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Favorite Moments So Far?
Post by RoguePhoenix   » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:54 pm

RoguePhoenix
Midshipman

kzt wrote:"Good-bye, Citizen Chairman."

I'm going to have to think about what mine is for awhile but this one was always up there for me as well. It always reminds me of this one artist who did several drawings of characters and scenes from Honor Harrington. The one for this scene fits pretty darn well.

http://www.goldseven.de/content_honor_goodbychairman.jpg
Post by Rincewind   » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

roseandheather wrote:Back to the actual point of the thread... :lol:

The long, highly romantic (in the classical sense) description of just how Thomas Theisman had handed Eloise Pritchart the Presidency on a silver platter... which is brought to an abrupt and funny end when Eloise mentally notes that there are times she's very tempted to shoot him for giving her the job. :D

Also, Lester Tourville and Michelle Henke meeting at last. Oh, glory!

With regards to your first comment, just after that passage when Eloise calls Tom a coward and he agrees just a trifle too quickly.
Post by pappilon   » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:44 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Rincewind wrote:
roseandheather wrote:Back to the actual point of the thread... :lol:

The long, highly romantic (in the classical sense) description of just how Thomas Theisman had handed Eloise Pritchart the Presidency on a silver platter... which is brought to an abrupt and funny end when Eloise mentally notes that there are times she's very tempted to shoot him for giving her the job. :D

Also, Lester Tourville and Michelle Henke meeting at last. Oh, glory!

With regards to your first comment, just after that passage when Eloise calls Tom a coward and he agrees just a trifle too quickly.

One of mine came to mind while viewing nother topic. Paolo and Helen in their secret broom closet and she sees Paolo's sketches of the ship. Absolute gold as the light bulb :idea: goes off in Helen's brain, that Paolo may possibly be more than just another biosculpted face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:45 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

In Flag in Exile when Honor had taken on everything but the kitchen sink, Benjy was worried about her taking on a professional swordsman, while being as emotionally and physically tired as she was. I simply adored the way she cut to the chase (pardon the pun).

"All I need to know is whether you prefer him dead or alive."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pappilon   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:51 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:In Flag in Exile when Honor had taken on everything but the kitchen sink, Benjy was worried about her taking on a professional swordsman, while being as emotionally and physically tired as she was. I simply adored the way she cut to the chase (pardon the pun).

"All I need to know is whether you prefer him dead or alive."

Or the first time she sees the full legend sizes statue of herself. or the first time she steps aboard the GSN Honor Harrington.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Frankjg   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:58 am

Frankjg
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Some of my favorite screens so far.

Shannon Foraker saying "OOPS"

The whole screen where Honor kills Burdette.

Honor punching Houseman

Nimitz using the star of grayson as a toy.

Honor saying Let's Dance

There are so many great screens in these great series. Too many to name.

Return to Honorverse